Chrysler

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 by

canadian made chrysler pacifica 2006

Orland, Maine
When I went to a local garage for an oil change, I was told by the mechanic that the van would no longer pass inspection. I told him by all appearances that the Pacifica looked in great condition although I had an front end alignment that had not held and caused two new tires to wear out prematurely. He then proceeded to point out the the front frame that cradles the engine was rusted and cracked. That allowed the frame to flex and could lead to the engine falling out and would probably take the steering with it. He proceeded to the rear and showed me the same amount of rust and cracked metal. He also said the rocker panel on the passenger side was gone. We both concluded it was unsafe to drive. After some research on the internet I found similar examples from 2004 through 2006. As the car was in good shape, we decided to replace the frames. The only other option was scrape value as Chrysler apparently knew of the problem so trade value was almost as worthless as scrap. I found frames from down south that had not been effected by road salt and had not rusted. Anyway $3000 later, I was back on the rode. We replaced the front and rear frames, inner and outer rocker panels on both sides, all tires that had been ruined by the front end flexing, and an assortment of front and rear end parts that go with the change overs. The K frames are made of pressed steel and do not have proper drainage points. The frames also lacked proper protection from the salt that is put on our roads to aid snow removal. Chrysler of Canada should have known this and offered a replacement for the frames. This would have occurred even sooner as we live in central Maine but for the last two years, we spent the worst part of the winters in sunny Florida!
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree