Choice Home Warrantyhome warranty

M Nov 24, 2017 Review updated:

This company has closed claims even when they did not fix.. they denied claims for wrong reasons.. they are not nice and have hung up on me... I am looking for a way to get them to fix things or give me back all my money... choice has told me they can not get people to come to my location but I call and someone will come but not at their low rate.. some tell me they will not work for them because thy take to long to pay or only pay at a lower rate.. Choice does not pay fair money back.

• J
      Dec 31, 2017

Choice Home Warranty never did fix my refrigerator it took over a month and a half and I had to buy a new fridge. Four technicians misdiagnosed my fridge. It was a $2, 000 frigerator, and I had to buy a new one. These people are total rip-off artists, bait and switch.

• B
      Jan 03, 2018

I was told that my policy couldn't be utilized in the first thirty days to ensure it wasn't a pre-existing condition. Two months after I paid for the coverage my heat went out. It's a $300 repair... They declined coverage saying it was obviously starting to fail prior to purchase. I had coverage before through Old Republic and decided to change. I've used Old Republic on every home I've owned (18) and never had an issue. Choice Home Warranty, to me appears to be a complete scam!!!

• R
      Jan 10, 2018

**** Buyer Beware. Current customer in Houston, Texas*****

I'm very disappointed in this company. Before i get started, let me say I tried to ignore the reviews that claim Choice Home Warranty (CHW) does what it can to deny claims, but I should have listened to the voice of the people.

My water heater recently recently gave out on 12/28/17, and on 1/09/18 CHW finally decides to review my claim;only to deny it after all the misery they put me through -- long wait times on holds and the lack of communication between CHW and the plumbing company. The final decision giving, was reason code "disconnected part" which means nothing, but I guess it's enough for CHW to deny my claim. After speaking with a credible source, who does service calls for CHW, it's my understanding that CHW will do anything not to pay you for your big ticket items. I'm glad my warranty expires on Jan 28, 2018 and it was only a water heater and not my AC. I'm also glad I did not add my other property and my parents home.

Furthermore, three other claims were denied. Save your money and find a better warranty company to use. I was told American Home Shield, One Guard HW, and Home warranty of America are good companies to look into.