Choice Home Warranty / won't honor contract
My refrigerator broke down one month into the contract and Choice Home Warranty (CHW) assigned me a service company in my area. I called them out and they determined that the freezer coils and compressor needed to be replaced due to normal wear & tear (restriction in the line due most likely to the presence of air in the line).
The service company lady who turned the report in to CHW at first told me that it looked like I would be getting a new refrigerator but that didn't happen. Instead, after a few days went by, CHW called to tell me that the refrigerator coils were dirty per the report they received and so the repair was not covered due to paragraph 9.1.2 of the contract which spells out the exceptions for refrigerator repair coverage.
I first spoke with the lady at the repair company who then called CHW to find out what was going on. She called me back and told me they changed their mind about covering the repair for some unkown reason. I spoke with a manager at CHW that got me nowhere and also had a three-way conversation with him and the service company lady that also got me nowhere. The service company lady said that she deals with 11 home warranty companies and that they all record her phone reports to them and suggested that CHW see if they have a recording of her phone report to them. I checked back with CHW's service manager who was not able to find any report recording, and that my repair was not covered. The end.
More Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Choice Home Warranty - beware contractors - do not pay bills 
- Choice Home Warranty - big scam 
- Choice Home Warranty - vendor non payment 
- Choice Home Warranty - bad business practices 
- Choice Home Warranty - company will not honor contract 
- Choice Warranty - washer/dryer
- Choice Home Warranty - coverage
- Choice Home Warranty - heating/furnace
- Choice Home Warranty - appliance warranty
- Choice Home Warranty - furnace repair/replacement