Chili's Restaurant / The drink was terrible

Last week my husband and I ate dinner and had a mixed drink at Chili's, a newly opened restaurant in our area. Our food was good, but the drink was terrible...all the salt on the rim of my glass dissolved into the raspberry drink, making it taste terrible! Perhaps the rim should have been coated with sugar, not salt, as the drink was a sweet one.

Do
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Bl
      31st of Oct, 2018
    Chili's Grill & Bar - Service and food
    Louisville, KentuckyLouisville

Had the worst service I have ever had at a restaurant Friday night 10/19/18. It took 40 minutes to get the appetizer of loaded winds. And other hour to get our meals. I got the mushroom jack chicken fajitas with rice and fixings. She brought me only the chicken w/burnt mushrooms and everything. Nothing else. Sent it back. Had to bring home to eat.

• Sl
      13th of Jun, 2016

They pre ordered. When they brought the food, it is customary to ask what else is needed. Nor is it okay for a server to ignore a request, even if it is not their table. It sounds lime really bad service. What part of they are new to this condition, do you not understand?!

• Mk
      13th of Jun, 2016

Chili's on a Friday at 5:45 and you got your food by 6:30... I do not see that they did anything to hurt your daughter.
    I also agree that the steak sauce was not needed to make your daughter get some food into her.

• Mo
      13th of Jun, 2016

insulin lowers the glucose count in the body. if the injection that you gave her was too much, her sugar count would have dropped dramatically and yes she needed to eat something to bring her sugar count back up. however, steak is NOT going to do it. you needed to do a blood stick and determine what the sugar count was and act appropriately. IF you were THAT concerned why did you wait for your meal? why not take her to a local emergency room right away rather than whine about slow service.

• Jh
    Chili's Restaurant - PoorService
    Chili's Grill & Bar
    20760 S. Avalon Blvd
    Carson
    California

My daughter and I went to Chili's at carson yesterday afternoon, we got there at 545 pm and there is a little line, we got to our table and everything and our waiter took our order she is very nice and polite 6pm, one request that I ask her " please do me a big favor my daugther is diabetic and she need to have her meal ASAP because she already inject insulin before we leave the house, we are 5 minutes away from the restaurant, my daughter order 6oz Sirloin well done, our waiter told me that well done might take a little longer and I said ok, she bring us chips and salsa just for her to have something, but she cant it chips, she started feeling dizzy while we are waiting for our food. 620pm finally food arrived and she already sweating having stomach ache, she feel like wanted to throw up, and I said go to the bathroom, I was so busy trying to talk to her that she need to eat to feel better, I did not realized that the waiter did not bring us steak knife, I'll have to wait for her to come up and I decided to ask the waiter next table to bring us steak knife, he smile and shake his head I don't know what he meant by that. 10 minutes later steak knife arrived first thing I did is cut the steak into small pieces because my daughter has no energy anymore I can tell probably of the medicine, then I realized we don't have a steak sauce wait for another couple minutes and I decided to get up and ask the hostess to bring us steak sauce, with those time is wasted she should have eating her meal instead of waiting and steak knife and sauce should bring automatic once customer order steak right? why we have to wait to get a steak knife?the whole time she was not able to eat her steak due of waiting, probably she lost her appetite or something...we are walking to the car and she started throwing up at the parking lot, I am not blaming anybody but this should not happen if our waiter really care what I requested right? by the way she just diagnosed with diabetes almost 2 weeks ago and we are all new using the insulin, now I remember doctor told us, once insulin is injected she has to eat right away. I just really disappointed with the poor service ..the reason why we go there is her school is raising money...sorry for my english hopefully you understand my sentence...

My receipt information is
    Server; Stevie (Female)
    Table 37/ 1

My contact information is if you want to write back thank you.

[email protected]

• Th
      15th of May, 2016

On most weekends six of us go to Chili's, have dinner and than a movie, for the first time ever I had a bad meal at the
    River Front restaurant.;.I order the small steak without the butter, when got the steak it had the butter...the server sent it back, but within minutes, less than 5, I had a new steak..the problem, " how could the new steak cook that fast *(medium-well)?"..it was over cooked, cold, couldn't eat it, seems like a steak sent back bu another customer?
    . Second problem, the mash potatoes had bacon in it, don't eat bacon, sent back. I enjoy chili's, very disappointed this visit.
    [email protected]

• Mi
      5th of May, 2016

How about this i worked for chilis for two to three weeks i had to leave due to my mom getting ill i had direct deposit set-up and i have yet received pay for hours that i worked and believe me i worked hard and i have tried to call and e-mail them but can not get a answer. Donna L, Tucker

• J1
      1st of Mar, 2015

My friend and I went to chilis in romeovil, le, ill march 1.2015. went both ordered crispy chicken tenders. we did the 2 for 20.00 . Well we were eating and talking about things, I was picking up a fry, under itand a piece of hair ws ther, I calee the waitress over and showed her, asked the manager, he loked at it. when he came to the table and said he could do 24.oo for one of the meals because we did 2for 20.i said that was a lot of money to pay, and his workers need to watch what they are doing when cooking.He also said he would have to see what he could do on the computer for us. well he came back and said he would charge $17.42 and he said THE CHIPS WAS A GOODWILL FROM HIM, I still wasn't happy knew it he just said sorry. I have been to another chili and found food in the food, they said it was on them. You would think he would want the person coming to their restaurant to behappy. I don't understand why it wasn't less.It was a man that was a man manager wprking but on my bill it says Jill stockman. I usually don't complain like this but I am not going to step foot in another chilis because of this issue.

• Ou
      19th of Jan, 2013

Chili's has always been my favorite place until tonight. My family and I visit at least twice a month and I don't think they value customers much. I had a waitress tonight curse me out and make a big scene because I asked her not to reach over my plate. She was unfriendly from the beginning and wasn't attentive at all. I spoke with the manager and he seems very incompetent asking me what do I suggest he do. I'm thinking really, so I need to tell you how to manage your employees. With that kind of management I see why the employee is rude. I am so upset by this and honestly wanted to smack her but I know that wouldn't be right. I don't appreciate paying money to receive rude service. I didn't fill out her application if she don't like her job she should quit. Also food wasn't good, I had to send my drink back twice before it was correct and by then it was watered down. I definitely will contact corporate Monday. By the way this happened on 1/18/13 in Southaven, ms.

• Tu
      17th of Dec, 2009

Myself, my husband, and my 6 year old son had dinner with 2 other friends at the Chilis in Lenoir City, TN. on 12/17/09. Although everyone's dinner was ok, my son had milk to drink with his meal. Over the course of the meal, he had one full cup of milk and the waitress brought him another, of which he had about 5-6 sips. His dinner was a salad with ranch dressing, and a grilled cheese sandwich. A few moments after he was through eating, he got very quiet at the table. I asked him if he was okay and he said his stomach was hurting, so I got up to take him to the restroom (which was on the other side of the restaurant). As we walked past the front door, he suddenly says he was going to throw up. The only thing I knew to do was to run out the front door with him. He was already vomitting as we were on the way out the front door, but he was holding his hand over his mouth (granted a little of the vomit was running out of his hand and onto the floor, but he held his hand over his mouth to keep from letting ALL the vomit hit the floor). We got to a "rock bed type" area and he vomitted about 6 times. IMMEDIATELY I noticed the vomit smelled extremely sour. So I went back inside just wanting to pay the bill and go. Then one of the friends I was with told me to smell the milk to make sure it was ok. I smelled it and HOLY MOLY--it was horribly sour! Both of my friends smelled it and even from the look on their faces, it was obvious that something was wrong with the milk. They cringed at the smell of it. I took it to the manager and the first thing I said to him was, "I am SO sorry but my son got sick and threw up outside.." Then he interrupted me and said (very rudely, I might add) "Yeah, I know!!!" So--a few deep breaths later, I asked him to smell the milk. He did, looked at me and said (very sarcastically) "Smells fine to me!! I can't smell anything wrong with it!" Now I was mad, so I said "Well then..here, take a drink of it." His response was "I don't drink after people." I said "Well, of course you don't..especially when you know you're going to have to drink soured milk!" So I walked away from him, went back to the table, where my waitress was standing and I asked her to smell it. She immediately cringed and remarked about how bad it smelled. She apologized for the milk and expressed concern in that she hoped my son was ok. So, I wanted out of there so badly just to get my son home, I paid the bill and went to leave. On the way out the door, the mgr approached me with an almost full gallon of milk, shoved it in my face and said "See, the expiration date is 12/28/09!!" I told him it looked like he had just opened that gallon and given the 2 cups that were brought to my son, there was no way his milk could have been poured out of that gallon (this current gallon was missing MAYBE a couple of ounces)! He then told me that he had taken a sip of this milk and it was fine, then told me that son was probably just lactose intolerant! To which I replied "No, after 6 years of drinking milk, he's not lactose intolerant, he is sour milk intolerant like every other human on the face of the earth, but if it made him lay his head down at night, he could believe what he wanted to believe, but I WOULD WITHOUT A DOUBT be contacting the regional manager and the corporate office. So when we got home, my husband told me that while I was outside with my son, MY HUSBAND offered (to that same manager) to clean up the vomit on the floor inside if someone would just bring him a mop. This manager rudely said "NO!" and just walked away from him then proceeded to come back with a BROOM AND DUST PAN to clean up vomit!! So just an FYI to those of you that want to go to Chilis in Lenoir City, TN...there has been a bodily fluid on the floor of that restaurant that a MANAGER cleaned up with a BROOM AND DUST PAN! Not a mop and disinfectant! YUM YUM...enjoy your meal, don't drink the milk and if you need to puke, please do so on the shoes of the manager named Rob Lacey!!! JERK!!!

• We
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I took the men and a few others family members to Chilis for Father's Day on 57th Avenue. The services was disaterous. We had to find a waiter (Jordan) and he was friendly but very slow. We waited so long that it seemed to be forever. We had to continue to ask for things which should have been automatice. I have been to this Chilis often and have never encounter this caliber of services. Consequently, even though the bill was $142, I only signed for him to get $15.00. I felt the need to let you know in case he complained.

• Di
      2nd of May, 2009

Last Sunday I took my family to Chili's on hwy 31 at Greenwood, IN. Since our family get together happens only once a year I want the experience to be a great one. We will NEVER choose Chili's again for this special even! The hostess sat our lare group at two separate booths instead of a table and things went downhill from there. The waitress was rude and laughed derisevly when we were not familiar with your menu and had to ask questions. She was overly attentive to only my son - the only adult male in our group - and the attention was not appreciated by me or his wife. The standing very close and touching him was more appropriate to a bar. This was not the kind of solicitation one would expect at a family restaurant. This is the second time I personally have been to a Chili's and won't waste my money on making it a third time! It made our family dinner a less than great experience.

As I have discussed this with friends I get similar comments from them. In today's economy perhaps some staff training is necessary if you intend to remain in business.

29th of Oct, 2008

I was seerved at Chills in Vero Beach Fl by Nick oct 25th. He gave me a slip to complete a survey. I was unable to find the internet site. I just wanted to say that Nick did a wonderful job He was friendly and very compentent. I had a chicken meal and the soup was great. My daughter and I go quite friequently to Chillis. We always enjoy the food. they are getting ready to refurbish the site. We are looking forward to seeing the new decor. Margaret

• Ed
      24th of Sep, 2008

Live in Diamond Bar Ca, Went to a Chili's Resturant that was new in town, met up with some friends to have a drink. We ended up having two beers a piece and a shot of tequila, had a meal and was told that we could not order any more drinks.Mind you that we were at the bar area and it was monday night football that night.We were told that we were too loud and that they would not serve us any more drinks.I will never enter a Chili's again!! Iwrote to management and was told that they would get back to me and never did...So if you live in Diamond Bar Ca ask Ed Zavala about his experience with chili's management and enjoy yourselves at Apple Bees in Walnut Ca..

29th of Jul, 2008

Gloria, what is that your saying?

29th of Jul, 2008

I am upset because my favorite salad of all time is the Carribbean salad with the wonderful dressing and it has been taken off the menu. Please put it back on the menu so I have a reason to continue to dine at Chili's.

• Gl
      6th of Jun, 2008

Dearest One,
    Permit me to introduce myself to you, I am Mrs Gloria Pelaez
    A complete citizen of Philippines . I am the Wife of Late Mr Emmanuel N.Pelaez of Philippines he worked with America Embassy as An Ambassador for years and hold Political positions in Philippines before he died in the year July 27 2003. We were married for 19 years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death we were both born again Christians and we lived happilly. Since his death, I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home due to the love i have for my late Husband.Before my husband Death I inherited a total sum of (9million United state dollars) from my late husband when he was in his Sick bed, This money which is concealed in a metallic trunk box is deposited with a security and finance company in Cote d' ivoire under a secret arrangement as a family treasure. This means that the security company does not know the content of this box that was shipped from the Philippine to Cote d' ivoire under a diplomatic coverage. Recently l Fell Sick and my Doctor told me that from all the test conducted on my health, Without and Urgent and a specialist From your Country I am not going to last long, expecially, due to my Throat cancer and stroke. But what disturbs me most now is stroke.
    Having known my condition, I decided to Contact you and Reveal to you in person Regarding my Heritage from my Late husband after my late husband brothers has neglected me and has well sit on my late husband properties and his bank accounts.so i will seek the help of your Christian or you inperson that will help me Secure the release of this Fund from were it was deposited and utilize this money the way I am going to instruct.
    and also help me to your Country for best Medical Treatment.I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives Have kept me under dureces just to know the wereabout of this said fund, after they have inherited all my late Husband Properties because l could'nt bear a Child for their Late brother. I don't want my husband's hard earned money WILL to me to be misused or taken from me by my late husband wicked brothers and use for their own selfish interest and in an ungodly manner. I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health, and because of the presence of my husband's relatives around me sometimes. I don't want them to know about this development, but I know that With God all things are possible.As soon as I receive your reply in my next mail I shall give you the contact of the Security and finance company in Ivory coast and the Authorization Certificate which is the Certificate of deposit that they gave me on the very day when the box of money was deposited under their company to enable you call them and give them your address for the immediate shipment of the box to you as the original- beneficiary of this fund. I want you and your church to always pray for me because God work in misterious ways. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Who ever that wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life.
    Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for another christian individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to hear from you soon.
    Indicate your intrest.
    Remain blessed in the name of the Lord.
    Yours in Christ,
    Mrs Gloria Pelaez.

• Ms
      30th of May, 2008

THEY ARE THE WORSE I WENT THERE WITH MY FAMILY AND IM AFRICAN AMERICAN WHEN WE GOT THERE WAS THREE CAUCASIAN COUPLES AND WE ORDERED APPETIZERS AND TWO MORE CAUCASIAN FAMILIES CAME IN AND ORDERED.WE RECIEVED THE APPETIZERS BUT NEVERE GOT SERVED OUR MEAL AND EVERYONE ELSE GOT SERVED BEFORE US IF WE HADN'T SAID ANYTHING WE WOULD STILL BE SITTING THERE TODAY !!! WE FELT DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AND LEFT WE WILL NEVER GO BACK !!!

• St
      29th of May, 2008

I went to Chilli's for lunch today and have to say it SUCKED!!! I ordered the mini size bite burgers and a salad. I am not going to sit her and camplain about the salad...(i actually like it)...but, must say when they brought my mini's out...they were COLD!! It was if they premade the burger??? I don't expect Chilli's to be a 5 star resturant but, I did not expect them to be a burger king or mc donald's either with premade food!! When I Informed the Manager It was if I had done something wrong for asking for a HOT Burger...GEZZZZZ...I got the hovering, not getting a refill and the worst part is...I don't get to eat lunch with my hubby...he had already finshed his food bout time my got back. I will not return to that Chilli's or another for awhile!

• Je
      27th of May, 2008

we ahave all, at one time or another received bad service or not so good food. Life is what it is.
    You will always get more flies with honey than with vinegar. Be kind to the servers and you will usually get the service that we all expect. chili's is my favorite Rest. I have to say that I have consistently gotten grea service and great food time after time. If you have feel you have not gotten your money's worth, ask for a manager, and kindly explain your situation. They will make it right.
    Good always out does the bad. TRUST !!!