Chevron/ifleet / co. billing error

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Paid the bill online as I have been doing for years. Suddenly my gas card was declined. Flletcor said because last payment was noted "wrong account number'. They said the closed my account because per terms and agreements if payment late 7 DAYS the account terminates. They said I would not be able to pay them directly I would have to pay a collection agency. That dept gave me a non-800 residential number. When I called back for an 800 number they said no other number "sorry". I called the next day and asked again, the rep toldme "I don't know why they didn't give you an 800 number, here it is." I decided to pay online since I was still able to.
Two weeks later I received two colelctions notices from two different companies. "Pentagroup" was one and they are notorisous for consumer complaints and lawsuits. After contacting the Executive offices in San Ramon, "Tammy Machado promied 3 times that she would have someone call me back to resolve this issue. No one has called. next step: Consumer protection bureau, BBB, attorney, Better Housekeeping (complaints), and AARP editorial complaints! I was a valued customer who stood behind Chevron, now everyone I know will never get a gas card from them. Horrible executive complaint department-what a joke Chevron.

E1

Comments

26th of Mar, 2009

I have been doing business with Chevron for more than 10 years. I paid my February balance of $840.00 13 days late and received a bill on my March bill as follows late fee $83.50, report fee $5.00 and interest fee of $16.20. My new bill which I received on March 19th has a payment date of April 2nd. I complained they said they would give me $.05 off per gal for two months. So they agree the charges are excessive but will not remove them. I asked to talk to a supervisor but they will not let let you talk to them unless your account is on hold. They did say the supervisor would call me back at "their" convienence. By the way the "report fee" is for printing and mailing their bill. The late fee is 5.7% of the unpaid balance includes past due and current balance. Then interest on top of that. I cancelled my card and will not buy Chevron or Texaco fuel in the future.

• Ki
      28th of Apr, 2009

Chevron is taking advantage of its core customers, they are charging a late fee on balances that are not late this is not correct. If you are late they do not only charge you a outrages late fee on the late balance (mind you only 4 days late) due to sending the bill only 14 days prior to the due date .They charge the late fee on the complete new balance a portion which is not even late! Something needs to be done this is awful we did cancel our business card and had been with them for atleast 10 years, they also offered 10 cents off a gallon for 2 months but I told them I do not agree with how you are billing us and the terrible late charge so I will not use your card . Do not let this happen to you pay cash and these companies will start wishing they had good paying customers back .Too Late