Chevrolet GM / Customer Service

Jul 23, 2015
5 De Mayo # 28 b
Phone: 956 631-6339
I am writing this complaint, as I am very disappointed the way my whole purchase and ownership experience. I feel that a profit motivation has ruled the decision making process and customer service is nonexistent.
Firstly at the purchase of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT, one major significant item was not offered (choice of warranty periods) and when we became aware of this item we were told it was too late. Then on the first trip we hit a pothole and damaged two tires no problem we have warranty but even though the dealership gave us the vehicle with three tires with a maximum of 21 PSI, 2 at 18. We paid for this as no one was responsible, We noticed on the side mirror at the outset what we perceived to be polish dust. Upon the initial washing we became aware that it was actually a defect. We drove to the dealership only to be told "we will sort it out" however after repeated complaints we were told
:"it was never written down and you now are out of warranty". GM in their infinite wisdom agreed and refused to change them (now both exhibit serious deterioration. Managers looking the at the mirrors have said off the record that it is definitely a flaw but I guess in this experience it will be up to us to solve it.
Other items which were not on the warranty. Replace the brake disk and the pads at 30, 000 KM. (As a former Rally racer this is absurd) the air conditioning works poorly to say the least even I had to pay to change to replace all the filters which I was advised would solve the problem (it did not). There is a power surge from the gearbox at gear change still unresolved but "we are out of warranty".
I worked at GM and this is something I never saw from a quality perspective. I am also a second generation GM owner as my father lived and breathed GM and owned GM cars for approximately for fifty years. At this point Big Brother and its profits have lost a customer and I will never consider a GM product again. I can assure you I will expound my experiences to prospective buyers as well. I have never favored "Lemon Laws" but I now realize that they have a place and are needed to protect customers.

N  24th of Jul, 2015 by
There are a couple of flaws in your understanding of how warranties work:
1. It is your responsibility, at point of purchase, to understand what you are signing. If you do not understand what you are signing then do not sign it until you do. Claiming that you did not know of the warranty terms is not a reasonable basis for a complaint.
2. Even if it was under warranty, tires or body damage is not covered under any warranty.

Hopefully this was helpful to you.
N  26th of Jul, 2015 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You know the terms of every single warranty that's ever been written? Wow!
N  27th of Jul, 2015 by
Rob7458 collisions i.e. body damage are not covered under car warranties. That is what insurance is for.
D  27th of Jul, 2015 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
The enlightened one speaks! Just to me! Thank you Bodhisattva!

Chevrolet Logo Chevrolet