[Resolved] CheapoAir.com / they have the worst customer support and policies

I bought a round trip from San Francisco to Copenhagen, Denmark through cheapoair.com. While in Denmark I had to renew my visa and the procedure dragged out, which meant that I had to postpone my return flight.

When I tried to contact costumer service by email (three times) they never responded at all. Then I called them and was on hold for almost an hour. When I finally got a representative he (Norton) told me that he would get back to me immediately by email. I never heard back from him. I emailed him to ask for an update- no reply.

I called again and talked to a different representative. After being on hold for various reasons again for almost an hour she said that she could change my flight but that it would mean that I had to spend the night at Heathrow airport AND it would cost me $2500!!! The original (roundtrip) ticket was $1300 all included.

My advice is to stay away from this company. Most other airlines that I have dealt with in the past try to help you even beyond what they are required to do. CheapOAir will just try to milk you. Take your business somewhere else.

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jul 08, 2008

Darwin, I have responded to your complaint on another website, as I had stated, the cost of the changes are determined by the airlines themselves. Cheapoair.com, or any other travel agency does not determine the cost, if you change your dates, be prepared to pay for the new cost of the ticket. All the seating is based on availability, and if the flights are full, you are going to pay top dollar to get a seats, last minute changes are always costly.

The airlines also charge a minimum of 100-350.00 per ticket to change, that is never going to go away, but recently these fees increased. I do apologize that your VISA issues caused the additional financial burden, but Cheapoair.com should not be responsible for the increase. As far as the long hold delays I do apologize for that, we did experience heavy call volume during the holiday weekend, and we also do not do exchanges, or quote fees and prices via email, that you needed to contact our sales office, which you did.

If you still require assistance, please email me your booking confirmation to:randrews@cheapoair.com and I will investigate into what can be done.

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jul 15, 2008

It appears that Darwin has accepted the responsibility with the dilema of his VISA problem, for he has never contacted me for assistance with his complaint. This matter would be considered closed.

randrews@cheapoair.com

Va

Comments

11th of May, 2009

I completely agree CheapoAir has the worst customer service. They are not willing to make any exceptions to help their customers. It's difficult to become loyal customer to a company that only seems to be interested in getting your money.