CheapoAir.com / what a scam!!!
I recently booked a flight online through cheapoair for $776. On the booking page it states: "Your credit card may be billed in 2 charges totaling the above amount...Your total will not exceed the above amount."
Credit card statement came showing 2 charges totaling $785. Customer Service rep says there was a price increase at time of ticketing and refused to refund the excess amount charged. I agreed to pay $776 not $785 for my tickets. I know it's $9 difference but I have NEVER encountered this hidden fee scam at any other online travel sites. Sneaky.
You mean if you "claimed" at time of your ticketing, the price went up $200 and I will be stuck with that amount and there's nothing I can do? Don't think so. If what I agreed to pay is NOT the amount you will charge my credit card, THEN SAY IT!!! Warn people! I can certainly go elsewhere where they will charge me the exact amount I know and agree to pay! Don't put on your webiste "Your credit card may be billed in 2 charges totaling the above amount." because it's not true; don't put "Your total will not exceed the above amount" because you KNOW it will exceed the quoted amount for any reason you give, price increase or whatever!
I will never use cheapoair again nor recommend it to anybody. Fortunately $9 is a small price to pay to learn my lession from this company.
As many users here have complained---FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!
More CheapoAir.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - overcharge and poor customer service! 
- Cheapoair - refund
- Cheapoair - illegal and fraudulent behaviour - refuse to honor their own t&cs and refused to process re-booking
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - ticket refund
- Cheapoair - finding out cheapoair had cancelled my departure flight with no notification or refund.
- Cheapo Air - website