CheapoAir.com / what a scam!!!

To CheapoAir.com:

I recently booked a flight online through cheapoair for $776. On the booking page it states: "Your credit card may be billed in 2 charges totaling the above amount...Your total will not exceed the above amount."

Credit card statement came showing 2 charges totaling $785. Customer Service rep says there was a price increase at time of ticketing and refused to refund the excess amount charged. I agreed to pay $776 not $785 for my tickets. I know it's $9 difference but I have NEVER encountered this hidden fee scam at any other online travel sites. Sneaky.

You mean if you "claimed" at time of your ticketing, the price went up $200 and I will be stuck with that amount and there's nothing I can do? Don't think so. If what I agreed to pay is NOT the amount you will charge my credit card, THEN SAY IT!!! Warn people! I can certainly go elsewhere where they will charge me the exact amount I know and agree to pay! Don't put on your webiste "Your credit card may be billed in 2 charges totaling the above amount." because it's not true; don't put "Your total will not exceed the above amount" because you KNOW it will exceed the quoted amount for any reason you give, price increase or whatever!

I will never use cheapoair again nor recommend it to anybody. Fortunately $9 is a small price to pay to learn my lession from this company.

As many users here have complained---FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!

Ja

Comments

• In
      6th of Apr, 2009

Dear Jacq, please contact me regarding the additional $9.00 charge, you should only be responsible for the amount you agreed upon. If we failed to contact you, and advise the fare increase we should not be charging you..

Provide me with the booking confirmation so I can further research what has happened. My email is:
    randrews@cheapoair.c0m

866-636-9088
    CheapOair.com
    Customer Support

26th of Jun, 2009

WOW..I was going to buy roundtrip airline tickets through this site but decided to research it first, now i'm scared! I don't wanna get scammed! I'm seeing bad reviews on cheapoair all over the place! Thanks for sharing!

26th of Jun, 2009

UPDATE: I'm trying to call cheapoair now to confirm that they will not screw me and i've been on hold for almost a leap year. So glad I don't have anything to dispute, maybe that's what they're afraid of so they're not answering?? How busy can they be at 9pm?

26th of Jun, 2009

Holy cow, i'm STILL on hold..i've read 4 other websites full of complaints since my last posting..are they open? What if I had bought a ticket and needed assistance or there was a problem with it? THIS SCARES ME! it's 9:30 on the dot now..i'll let you kn0w at midnight if i'm still on hold or not!

• Ry
      26th of Jun, 2009

I don't like how the prices appear so low at first, and then you see the price of the ticket plus fees, and it more than doubles the price. Tricky company all around. Thanks for the warning, will never use it directly--only buy the ticket from the airline's site. I did that once with an Aer Lingus flight I initially saw on CheapOAir.