[Resolved] Cheapoair / reservation switches

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I went to this website cheapoair.com to book some tickets to Germany for me and my 2 kids.I took their site because they had the cheapest price and I needed a good price since we do not have that much money.

So I tried to book and I made a mistake when I entered my credit card information, so I had to retype it and the page refreshed and without me knowing the dates changed as well(instead from 1.June to 4.Aug it went from 1.June till 4.June)I really don't know how that happened(YES, CHEAPOAIR DOES SWITCHES DATES ON YOU!!!), but anyhow I had made the booking and I was so happy about it because I thought everything was ok.
But not even 5 minutes later I noticed the dates and I totally panicked.I tried to call the company, they were very rude and not negotiable AT ALL.So no help from them, even I explained them what had happened and the the dates had changed when the page refreshed.So I was almost crying cause they had already taken out the full amount of the tickets out of our account(better say on hold).I called my bank to stop payment, but they couldn't do anything because that department was already closed.SO, I had to call cheapoair back and try to talk with them again.
There was this girl working there she tried to tell me that the tickets could be changed but I had to pay extra money for it, even though it had the same price, cause like I said, I had the flight already for those dates .I was totally frustrated and crying and didn't know what to do, so I agreed to pay the extra money to fix the dates.So they said they will charge me credit card AGAIN for the same amount plus the extra money and refund the old amount.(Which is a really strange method).But I agreed, if they would not charge me a cancellation fee for the old reservation.And the girl told me not of course not, cause I'm booking a new flight with a higher price.I thought everything was ok, but she did not send me a confirmation for the new flight right away so I had to contact and she promised me to send them the next day.
SO the next day she calls me and tell me that she can not book the new flight cause it gives her always an "error" when she books it and so therefore I can keep looking on another website for another flight.And I asked her how can I do this if you have ALL of our money on hold to be released to their company?She tried to calm me down that the amount will be refunded in as little as 72 hours.(Yeah right!!!)But she said they will charge me for that even it was their fault, so she lied to me and this is how this site make money as well, by ripping people off and giving them the runaround, VERY TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!)So the end of the story the next day I receive an email that the flights have been canceled and I will get a refund IN 4 WEEKS!!!Can you believe that???They wanted to take thousands of dollars and keep it for up to 4 weeks(not to mention ALL the money that we had at that time)!!!I had to do something, so I called my bank and I explained the situation and I had luck, they could stop most of it but the still owe me $72, and it has almost been 4 weeks since the cancellation.I want my money back and then some.For the worst customer service and lies and rip off that they do to people.I hope they will run out of business, cause this is not they way to make money, horrible, horrible company!!!
DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Resolution statement

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 21, 2009

Dear neveragain, the refund does not take 4 weeks if a ticket has not been issued. The hold on your credit care is merely a pre-authorization. When a sale is not reported to the airlines, the hold will fall off, it usually takes upto 72 hours to release the funds.

I am sorry for the bad experience you had while using our website, mistakes do happen and I do apologize that the modifications you made on the website caused the calendar to default. Once flights are chosen and the website is processing, there is a warning not to escape or go back.

If you would provide me with your booking confirmation I will research the 72.00 fee you are speaking of. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

randrews@cheapoair.com

Comments

Ne
  3rd of Oct, 2009

Just to tell everybody know I haven't got my refund yet(today is 2.nd October 2009)I filed a complaint with bbb and cheapoair lied to them and then even ignored the bbb...SO now I am going to file a complaint with the general attorney New York, I WANT MYYYYYYYY MONEYYYYY BACK and I'm READYYYYYY to fight!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!(neveragain!!)