[Resolved] Cheapoair / charges at airport
When I arrived at the airport on 12/1 the agent told me I still owed 15.50, they stated that they were underpaid for the flight. I needed to pay before I could get on the flight. I also noted a random 10.00 charge on my credit card, it seems that Cheapoair directs you to a coupon company who charges you 10.00 to get 10.00 off of your flight price. This company is shady.I have been flying for over 30 years and never had this happen. I've used several internet companies to book my flights and have never had a problem until now. I will never use Cheapoair again.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Dec 03, 2008
Dear Dottie, if you could kindly forward your booking confirmation I will look into why the airlines tried to collect $15.50. Are you sure it wasn't for baggage? most airlines are now charging for bags and seat assignments.
The airline would not have any reason to collect for an under paid ticket, some companies buy tickets in bulk therefore you receive reduced prices. So I would be interested in knowing why you had the charge.
Also ther Reservation rewards program, yes we do allow this company to promote it's products on our website, however, they are not affiliated with Cheapoair.com when it comes to the membership program. Also, in order for them to charge you for the membership and receive the 10.00 coupon, you have to click on the advertisement and enter your credit card information. Cheapoair.com does not forward any personal information!
Please forward me your booking confirmation and I will see about the 15.50 you paid to the airline. They will have documentation on their side.
More Cheapoair Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- CheapoAir.com - charge for seat assignment & lousy customer service 
- Cheapoair - didn't offer refund or alternative options when flight was cancelled - very poor customer service
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - flight
- Cheapoair - not existing flight with non existing seats
- Cheapoair - asking for a refund with a medical certificate! 
- Cheapoair - air ticket