[Resolved] CheapoAir.com — overcharge and poor customer service!
My complaint is with the level of service offered by CheapoAir.com. For years I have used the internet to book flights, however this is the first time I used CheapoAir.com. The chain of events is as follows:
· I booked a flight on October 2 to fly to my home town San Antonio, TX
· I received confirmation for October 20 on AirTran Flt. 123 departing at 11:19AM EST from Atlanta with a connecting Flight on American Airlines #1612 leaving DFW at 2:10PM CST.
· I received a call about a week later from a CheapoAir representative informing me that AirTran Flt 123 had been canceled and I was now on Flt. 124 departing at 12:11PM EST from Atlanta. No change was indicated for the connecting AA flight out of DFW. At this time I requested a new itinerary and was told I would receive one. I never did.
· I sent two E-mails to CheapoAir.com requesting a new Itinerary to confirm this change if flight status.
· I finally received a reply from a manager named Maurice. – SEE E-mail traffic note below:
· I arrive at the airport only to find out that I had indeed been placed on Airtran Flight #124 and that #123 had indeed been canceled.
· I was now in a bind to make the connecting AA Flight out of DFW due to the change in terminal on arrival.
· To make matter worse the incoming Flt 124 was late on arrival – while this is no fault of CheapoAir- it could have be averted by my being properly informed so I could have made changes to the connecting flight from DFW.
· After a late departure from Atlanta I find that I’m still in the air when the connecting AA flight out of DFW departs Dallas.
· I contacted CheapoAir.com and all they could tell me was to quote “get a note from AirTran telling AA that their flight was late” so AA could get me on another flight immediately at no cost!
· Of course AirTran reps would not do that and when I approached the AA counter the rep informed me a note would not have done me any good. I was noted as a “No Show” by AA and I would have to buy another ticket for $240 if I wanted to leave DFW!
· No amount of conversation with CheapoAir served to resolve the situation – Fiona the CheapoAir rep kept telling me that her supervisor Maurice was telling her I had to get a note from AirTran.
· Needless to say their level of customer service leaves much to be desired – as I and those I’ve told this to will no use CheapoAir. All have used other internet sites without any problems.
· So a flight that ordinarily would have cost $420 now cost me $660.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
More CheapoAir.com Complaints & Reviews
- CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on!
- CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch!
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours
- Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- CheapoAir.com - charge for seat assignment & lousy customer service
- Cheapoair - ticket non - change ruse
- Cheapoair - refund fee
- Cheapoair - customer service
- Cheapoair Website - bait & switch
- Cheapoair - this company is a scam! do not purchase your tickets from them!