The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved CheapoAir.com — overcharge and poor customer service!
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My complaint is with the level of service offered by CheapoAir.com. For years I have used the internet to book flights, however this is the first time I used CheapoAir.com. The chain of events is as follows:
· I booked a flight on October 2 to fly to my home town San Antonio, TX
· I received confirmation for October 20 on AirTran Flt. 123 departing at 11:19AM EST from Atlanta with a connecting Flight on American Airlines #1612 leaving DFW at 2:10PM CST.
· I received a call about a week later from a CheapoAir representative informing me that AirTran Flt 123 had been canceled and I was now on Flt. 124 departing at 12:11PM EST from Atlanta. No change was indicated for the connecting AA flight out of DFW. At this time I requested a new itinerary and was told I would receive one. I never did.
· I sent two E-mails to CheapoAir.com requesting a new Itinerary to confirm this change if flight status.
· I finally received a reply from a manager named Maurice. – SEE E-mail traffic note below:
· I arrive at the airport only to find out that I had indeed been placed on Airtran Flight #124 and that #123 had indeed been canceled.
· I was now in a bind to make the connecting AA Flight out of DFW due to the change in terminal on arrival.
· To make matter worse the incoming Flt 124 was late on arrival – while this is no fault of CheapoAir- it could have be averted by my being properly informed so I could have made changes to the connecting flight from DFW.
· After a late departure from Atlanta I find that I’m still in the air when the connecting AA flight out of DFW departs Dallas.
· I contacted CheapoAir.com and all they could tell me was to quote “get a note from AirTran telling AA that their flight was late” so AA could get me on another flight immediately at no cost!
· Of course AirTran reps would not do that and when I approached the AA counter the rep informed me a note would not have done me any good. I was noted as a “No Show” by AA and I would have to buy another ticket for $240 if I wanted to leave DFW!
· No amount of conversation with CheapoAir served to resolve the situation – Fiona the CheapoAir rep kept telling me that her supervisor Maurice was telling her I had to get a note from AirTran.
· Needless to say their level of customer service leaves much to be desired – as I and those I’ve told this to will no use CheapoAir. All have used other internet sites without any problems.
· So a flight that ordinarily would have cost $420 now cost me $660.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.