[Resolved] Cheapoair / dirty dealing, lying and fraud
Please oh please don't do business with this company! My husband and I are trying to get back from our long holiday in Slovenia and bought tickets from Cheapoair.
They say they have issued the e-tickets (false ones it seems because Czech Air has no record of a reservation being made under my husband's name).
The charges are on his credit card, but the e-ticket numbers are false.
They've been harrassing us for a scan or fax of our passports and credit card for "security and verification purposes" which is usually a red flag, but we are desperate to get back so we tried it. We tried to fax them 6 times--they wouldn't give us their international fax code, and each time we tried to fax them it bounced back.
Now they claim they have our card authorization form but no passport/card scan and are threatening to cancel our trip and say they "bear no responsibility for cancellation charges."
I don't know why, if they say all this hoop jumping is for "our security" against "false charges on our credit card" why in the name of all that's good did they charge our card, give us false e-tickets all before verifying our identity!
They are seriously shady, and should be put out of business.
I wonder if this is all a scam just to collect a few hundred dollars worth of cancellation fees.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Oct 30, 2007
I have forward an email to you and awaiting your response. I need more information from you so that I may investigate into what has happened. If I am reading this correctly, you where successful at flying out there, but it is the return trip that you have experienced a problem with? I will await your response so that I may resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 12, 2007
I have not received an email from you for my assistance, I am assuming that your concern has been resolved. If there is anything else you need assistance with feel free to contact us at: 212-478-0335, or our email address: email@example.com
Cheapoair is committed to resolving issues quickly and satisfactorily!
More Cheapoair Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - overcharge and poor customer service! 
- Cheapoair - The proper information wasn't given
- Cheapoair - refund
- Cheapoair - illegal and fraudulent behaviour - refuse to honor their own t&cs and refused to process re-booking
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - ticket refund
- Cheapoair - finding out cheapoair had cancelled my departure flight with no notification or refund.