Chase Checking Account / new fee for no service

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Chase sent announcements of a new fee to replace their renamed free checking accounts. It'll now cost $12 per month to keep free checking unless one keeps a minimum daily balance of $1, 200 per month or has at least one $500 direct deposit per month. Difficult for freelancers and those out of work to remain among the banked population! Is this how they're replacing the fees they used to collect on debits????? SHAME.

Comments

• Ph
      4th of Apr, 2008
    chase checking account - 31.98 removed from account without my knowing this was unauthorized
    none
    1820 east texas st apt 702
    Bossier City
    Louisiana
    Phone: 318-828-4963
    phyllisbrown60@yahoo.com

when i checked my online bank statement i found that 31.98 had been removed from my checking account. this was not authorized nor have i purchased anything in this amount. i want this amount to be credited back into my checking account asap.

• Fh
      14th of Dec, 2010

Chase Free Checking Accounts

Yeah... it's free if you automatic bank deposit and maintain a heafty balance of $1200 . in the bank. I had been with them since 1978 and they didn't respect seniority nor not for profit status. They charged a $9.00 fee every month and I didn't have any excessive activity. So... I dropped them and went with another banking institution. They have cried in their milk ever since and sent me all kinds of spam mail.. signed unhappy senior customer.

• Fh
      15th of Dec, 2010

POOR Rich Banker.

• Pi
      16th of Dec, 2010

Mother F*#~ers I swear these big corporate big shots keep there
    Pockets fat at the expense of the poor! Knowing people now these
    Days are living paycheck to paycheck yet now they want to charge me to keep a so call "FREE" checking! There such liars and are just as bad as these politicians! America is becoming a dictatorship and a third world country!