Posted:

closed my account without notice

4.2
CHASE BANK
California
I recently had a problem using my chase debit card while making a purchase. A few hours later I called the automated recording to check my balance since I knew I had available funds and to my surprise, the recording said I was negative $39 million dollars! I then called the banks 800 number and asked what happened. They then connected me with an "account specialist" who really had no answer for me. All she said was that "chase has made a decision to end the relationship with my account and will be closing it"! I said what!!! Why, whats the reason? No answer was given other than I will be getting a letter in the mail. I had a few transactions that had not cleared and she did not care about them and said, "well - they just wont get paid"
My wife then called also and they gave her the run around with no answers either! Finally, after the weekend passed my wife went into our local branch to speak with the bank manager and was a total #!
She said that she strongly suggested I keep our money there til our recent transactions cleared or we will get an overdraft. My wife said " you guys are the ones that are closing our accounts after being with the same account number for 15 years, through great western, wamu and now chase and they treat us like this!!! With no explaination?? I just also found out that 5 people I know had the same thing happen to them. And no answers either for them!! What the hell is going on here? Can anyone explain or have a theory or maybe happened to you as well??
Complaint comments Comments (321)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

Comments

N  25th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Chase / JPMorgan Chase & Co. - Do not do business with this bank!

BEWARE. Do not do business with this bank. I have been a customer for 10 years, never made a late payment. My payment posted one business day late, not only did they charge me a $39 late fee, but they raised my interest rate by 15 points. I called to asked for a courtesy refund and to reinstate my interest and was told no. I said I would close my accounts, I have two. Any the customer service rep said, go ahead and close them. I work for a bank and if we ever treated our customers this way, it would not be tolerated. Furthermore, how would you expect to keep customers with this kind of customer service. I did indeed close my accounts, and am warning anyone thinking about dealing with this credit card company to be afraid, be very afraid.
N  11th of Jun, 2007 by    -1 Votes

Chase Bank - Lack of character for being a financial institution

Knowingly a problem was going to occur. I asked for help. I didn't get any. Told there was nothing they could do. But jacked the interest rate 29.99%. All the calls that I have made through the months, that are supposed to be monitored and/or Recorded. My calls are gone. I don't like being interrogated every time I call, by someone who is Rude. The question is "Why cant you pay this amount" THINK. Or I wouldn't be in this position. There are so many discrepancies to my involvement with Chase Bank. Sad part they think they can get away with what their business practice is. Thank god for the guy who took them to Congress. Its still going on.
N  18th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Chase Bank - Outrage fees and deductions!

I started out as a Chemical Bank customer and was quite happy with their service until Chase took over. It's been down hill for the last 20 years. The final straw was when I spoke to a Customer Service rep to inquire into new fees for withdrawal from non-Chase ATMs on top of the withdrawal fee from the institution you are withdrawing from. I asked when had this practice been put into effect and she told me "It's always been this way." Uh, nooo. "I've been a customer for 20 years and this has not been policy, when did these fees start?" She continued to lie and tell me it's always been this way. She must not have understood what I meant.

My other favorite Chase bullsh*t move is when I deposited a secured check for $ 4,000 and Chase chose to slowly make the money available in drips and drabs. Even after 10 business days they chose to make only half of the money available even when the entire check cleared the other bank. I am not some irresponsible child who needs a parent to decided how much of my money to make available to me.

I can't tell you the stress, misery, lost money, lost hours Chase has caused me as a result of funky accounting practices, dishonest representatives and inexcusable behavior. The day I closed my checking and saving account with Chase was one of the most liberating days of my life.
N  14th of Oct, 2007 by    +1 Votes

Chase Auto Finance / Jp Morgan - Poor service!

I have been making monthly payments for a year on an auto loan through Chase Auto Finance. This past month (Sept.), I received a receipt from the company that they received a payment on 9/15 and next payment due is 10/15. For the past 5 days, I have rec'd hoards of harassing phone calls from collections stating that they never received a payment in Sept. and last payment received was in Aug! They are requesting copies of the checks received from banks, copy of the letters, etc. and in the meanwhile calling 7-9 times per day with both an automated recording and live agents from collections, treating me like a criminal!
N  27th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Chase Bank - Scam and cheating!
Chase Bank

In October of 2005, Chase Bank erroneously reported the account I had paid off 6 months earlier to the credit agencies as being charged off due to bankruptcy. I have never filed bankruptcy. After several months of disputing the credit report and Chase denials, they finally agreed that they had made a mistake and linked someone else's bankruptcy to my account. They said they would submit a Universal Update to the three credit reporting agencies, but that they could not "force them to remove the information". Due to the breach of sensitive personal data Chase later agreed to pay for one year credit monitoring on my behalf. I checked my credit report in 2007 and the negative information was no longer showing and my FICO score was in low 800s. Now in January 2008, I was looking to refinance my home and found that the bad information has been resubmitted to the credit agencies and my FICO score is now high 600s.
N  6th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Chase bank cashed a check of mine made out to may landlord. My Landlord did not cash the check, however. Someone who stol the check from the drop box I drop my rent in each month did. Chase is now refusing to pay me a refund, even though it was totally their error.
N  1st of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Chase Home Finance - Various extra charges!
Chase Home Finance

Chase Home finance has done everything in their power to add extra charges to my Payments every month! They have added every thing from late charges to late charges fees to processing fees. Plus they would only give me a variable rate loan that adjusted months before they notified me, resulting in foreclosure proceedings. It's like they have no rules to follow. My interest rate is at 10.5 and it started at 7.5. They have never dropped it yet! When I took the loan out, I specifically asked for Disability Insurance, in case I was hurt. A time came when I needed it and Chase tells me that they don't offer such insurance. Over a year later, I called their insurance handler and Disability Insurance is one of their computerized phone options.
N  2nd of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I worked for Citi and when this would happen, we could remove the charge as a courtesy, but the interest rate could not be restored: EVER.

If you elevate enough, you may be able to get a 10% or 9% but the 0% is gone.
N  7th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Chase - They do not like black people
Chase
www.chase.com

Chase does not like Black people. They were involved in Slavery, and they said that they would pay reparations. I don't know about you, but I want mine. Chase preys on Black people, well also Hispanic. They think you're really crazy. They can do horrible things to you. I don't see why the government can't stop them. Do You? These people are so corrupt and they just smile and lie right in your face. They focus on people that have equity in their homes and they will just come take it if you let them. Devilsl...
N  8th of May, 2008 by    -2 Votes

Chase Manhattan - Discrimination
Chase Manhattan Home
5311 Solar RIdge Dr
Colorado Springs
Colorado
Phone: 719591-4302

Chase Manhattan can get away wih murder. They still have the mentality of Slavery. They are the one promised to pay Raparations. They will nt leave me alone. Its like a game to them and their are several people that know about their activities but they continue to do it. I'd like to file discrimination aganist Chase Manhattan Home with other charges.
I know J P Mogan agreed to pay slaves Reparation and Chase still treat me like I'm a slave.

Vanessa Choice
They can continue to ignore me but God see everything you're doing.

Vanessa Choice
A  19th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Don't get fooled by this Web site its a total scam Global Monitoring and research. I recieved a check in the mail for 3, 880.00 wow (Yeah right) Iam so glad that I had a great resource at my bank who helped me investigate it by looking up who the check was draw off of and asked the right questions, it stopped me from being liable to my bank and for once I didn't become a victim. They send you checks drawn off other companies yet they use there phone number for contact in the mail with instuction on how to send money through western union to them the computer is not a secure place for anyone trying to make money, I perfer to use the mail process for all my computer needs, even looking up information on your interest is not secred they take that and E-mail you worthless everyday.
N  23rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Chase Bank - Bad service
chase.com

If you have a problem don't use Chase.com web site to try to get an answer. They will not answer any question or help with a problem, like loan info. All you get is the run around. They answer quickly on their web site, but they only give you a case number, but don't tell you how to get an answer.
N  7th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
A lot of major credit card and phone companies will base decisions on how profitable a customer is. The reason your late payment fee and interest rate were not changed is because the Advisor's computer most likely said you were not profitable enough to make the change. ATT actually would close accounts of people who called customer service too many times because it cost them more money than they were making.

However, the fact is you were indeed late on your payment, and therefore the bank has ever right to charge you the fee and raise your interest, as does any bank.

I suggest you take this experience as a lesson that when you make payments late, you will be penalized. If someone owed you moeny, you would want them to pay you on time.
N  12th of Aug, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I am an active duty member of the Marines and an Iraq War vet. I moved Duty Stations from Virginia to Mass last summer and my wife and I sold our condo at a loss, so that we could complete our military move and have our first child closer to family. The loss although difficult was the right move for us in the current market and we were determined not to file for Chapt. 11 or enter foreclosure. I sold my home and closed my loan with chase on 31 May 2007. I have all closing documents to support this. Chase continued to send me bills and has reported me delinquent with two of three consumer credit reporting agencies, plummeting my credit and sending my family into financial peril. Angela Shelton at Chase has been telling me for months that this would be fixed. It is now January 15th 2008, we cannot get pre-approved for a new mortgage, apply for student loans for my Masters degree and our baby is due in 8 days. Chase Home Mortgage by their negligence and inaccurate reporting of my account history is financially ruining my family.
N  30th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

chase,jp morgan bank na - unauthorised charges
chase,jp morgan bank na
3 plaines close
Slough
England, Berkshire
United Kingdom
Phone: 00441753571184

bank charged 6 dollars for inactive account request refund charge make account inactive until further instruction or close account transfer balance in to saving account posted letter to day to jp morgan bank na baton rouge la 70826-0180 please reply kgp
N  21st of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Chase Manhattan - repossesion
New Jersey
tamarachev@hotmail.com

we have a construction ompany, my husband who is a senior citizan., lost his business due to economic times.
we had a balance of $2800 left on our car loan, we fell behind in our payments.I called like i did every month
and told them when i was going to pay.They came in the middle of Saturday night and repossed our Van.It had more expensive tools in it, than the van is worth.I thought someone stole it, and called the police.That was when i found out it was repossed.It took 3 days to get the car back after paying incrediable amount of fees.When my husband who by the way is 72 yrs old and is now working as a loborer.so we can eat, Had to make an appt, pay cash of approx$400 to get the van.When he drove it out of the lot, it did not run, you couldn't get it out of 1st gear, but you could go backwards.When i called Chase to tell them this, they said tough luck, call the repo people.When i did 2 hours later some guy showed up and said you can drive it, see! in first gear
I called many times after, they finally told me to go to some mechnic, who's phone number they did not have or the address, just the steet name.or else they could tow it at my cost
My husband finally gets there, and the owner said it's 4pm, come back tomorrow at 5am
nobody cares how people are treated, all they see are $$
we cannot have this kind of abuse
as of right now we have a car that ran great, now we cannot use it since it does not drive
and nobody cares.Chase said it my fault for not paying
Recovery Services who is in Edison.NJ
they said tough !would not give me there address or the name of their insurance company
N  28th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Chase - Change in Terms
Florida

My horrible experience with Chase is exactly as I just read from Richard P. Even down to the conversations an notice of "agrred terms" after the fact. My payment raised from $380 to $950 per month with a new $10 monthly service fee! My credit is exceptional to date with no late pays. Chase is forcing me to ruin my credit standing. They tell me my alternative is to accept to raise my rate from 4.99% fixed to 7.99%. When I took the draw, the agreed upon offer was at 4.99% until paid in full, 3% draw fee, and 2% of balance minimum monthly payemtn. All acceptable, therefore, I accepted the draw. Do they really have the legal right to make these drastice changes on accounts in good standing. I have never been late or over limit on this or any other credit obligation, ever! I have exercised credit for over 35 years! Chase is pushing me over the edge to possible bankruptcy! I hope the government will step in immediately to help the consumer.
N  29th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Chase isn't making any money off of you, they want you to go. They cant afford you right now.
N  29th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Fr the record Chase is one of the country's highest minority employers
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by    -2 Votes
I have had the displeasure of having this 'Chase Bank' some time ago. Then I smartened up and dumped them. The comical thing about 'Chase' is they do not like to let a customer go. They thought they could give me a hassle and make me stay with them. In order to close my accounts and take my money out I had to sign a ton of paperwork, show my license, show my social security card, and when they asked for a birth certificate I told the manager to take a walk, that if they didn't give me my money right then and there without the B.S. I was calling the police and making a statement that they would not relinquish MY MONEY!! I had all my money within 10 minutes or less...And yes, they have lousy customer service, both over the phone and in person at their banks.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree