Chase Bank / closed my account without notice
I recently had a problem using my chase debit card while making a purchase. A few hours later I called the automated recording to check my balance since I knew I had available funds and to my surprise, the recording said I was negative $39 million dollars! I then called the banks 800 number and asked what happened. They then connected me with an "account specialist" who really had no answer for me. All she said was that "chase has made a decision to end the relationship with my account and will be closing it"! I said what!!! Why, whats the reason? No answer was given other than I will be getting a letter in the mail. I had a few transactions that had not cleared and she did not care about them and said, "well - they just wont get paid"
My wife then called also and they gave her the run around with no answers either! Finally, after the weekend passed my wife went into our local branch to speak with the bank manager and was a total #!
She said that she strongly suggested I keep our money there til our recent transactions cleared or we will get an overdraft. My wife said " you guys are the ones that are closing our accounts after being with the same account number for 15 years, through great western, wamu and now chase and they treat us like this!!! With no explaination?? I just also found out that 5 people I know had the same thing happen to them. And no answers either for them!! What the hell is going on here? Can anyone explain or have a theory or maybe happened to you as well??
More Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank - closing all washington mutual customers credit cards 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - front desk/ customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase marriott card
- Chase.com - brokerage/sole owner; investment/stocks/bonds
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - wrong information from teller