Chase Bank / customer cheat

United States Review updated:
3.05

I would like to find an attorney that would be willing to file a class action lawsuit against chase bank and other banks with the same practices. Chase likes to find ways to change the way credits, debits and checks come through the system so that they can charge you nsf fees and make more money. They deny it and state what their practices are but yet from different telephone bankers you get a different story... Anyone game?
Va

Comments

Kr
  8th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am anxious to join a lawsuit against Chase. They act like they are untouchable. I have a list of their fraudulent practices especially when it comes to their IRA accounts. They treat a customer with a superiority atitude and lie, lie and lie again. When dealing with Chase, one should always have a tape recorder ready, otherwise they will gang up on you and lie about lying. This is by fat the worst banking institution I ever had a misfortune to come in contact with.
Cr
  7th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
HERE HERE ... all I have received from their CLAIMS Department is contradictory statements of their own processes, delivered by unprofessional persons who should seek employment that does not include dealing with the public!!

HOW CHASE BANK AND COLUMBIA HOUSE STOLE CHRISTMAS

On August 8, 2008 I purchased some DVDs from Columbia House, the order came to $35.84. The order was shipped missing an item after many emails and phone calls to them I finally got my remaining item but they charged me an additional three times for that one item. After another round of calls and emails I finally chalked it up to a bad experience that I would learn a lesson from.

On October 11.2008 I logged into my checking account to find that I had two pending charges of $99.76 from Columbia House! I immediately called Chase Bank 800 where I spoke to a wonderful supervisor Pat, whom advised that as they were still pending she had been able to reverse them. As a caution she advised that they could submit again as long as they had my card number and provided me the number to the Chase Claims Department.

Immediately I began trying to contact Columbia House via their email process on their website - to this day they have NEVER responded to the dozens of emails that I have sent regarding this issue. Calls are answered by someone not qualified to handle the matter, so a supervisor will need to return your call and that NEVER happens either.

I tried to remove my card information from their site, which the site does not allow you to do! You also can not remove the check mark in the box allowing them to use that information for any future shipments and charges! In frustration I changed the billing information on the card to Big Bird, 123 Sesame Street, New York NY 10001

On October 14, 2008 they again debited my checking account for $99.76 which resulted in CHASE Bank charging me $75.00 and $32.00 for insufficient funds fees.

I contacted CHASE Bank filed a claim and closed that debit card (as they would not file the claim other wise). I provided them with screen shots showing no purchases, no shipments, no pending orders since the August fiasco and was advised by Angel that CHASE Bank would be crediting back the charge and any related insufficient funds fees.

Initially they did credit back the $99.76 and the $75.00 for insufficient funds. CHASE refused to credit the $32.00 as Donnell advised me because a previous request had been made (the $75.00) within a 12-month period.

On November 20, 2008 CHASE bank reversed themselves and took the $99.76 and the $75.00 from my checking account again. I contacted CHASE Claims Department on 11.21.2008 and was advised by Judy that she would re-open the claim and I would receive that information shortly. Several hours later there was still no information received. Again I contacted CHASE claims where upon Andre advised me that I would need to speak with a supervisor whom was currently on another call and would need to call me back.

To date there has been no communication from Judy or Andre’s supervisor, maybe CHASE has Columbia House train the employees in their Claims Department!

Thanks to Grinches at COLUMBIA HOUSE and CHASE BANK there will be no Christmas in our household this year. The theft of over $200.00 from my account by these two supposedly reputable companies has ended any possibility of a celebration of any kind in my household

BE WARNED AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ANYWHERE ELSE
  20th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I will definitely join the lawsuit as Chase practices regarding unsufficient fees are unethical. They re-arrange the transactions to make more money. Please contact me at detyishere@aol.com
En
  5th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I wish to join your lawsuit again chase. I am a teacher in NYC. My wife was sent an upgraded gold credit card to their original credit card because the original blue credit card looks exactly like her blue debit card. We find out later that the new card's information did not get the old card's automatic payments so my wife was charged 2 late fees of $45. Later I withdraw some money in the bank at the Forest Hills branch and they ask me to visit a representative and then tell me to upgrade my debit card to a better one with a $25 yearly fee. I said who the "###" are you to offer me an upgraded credit card like this. They suck your blood of money and I just don't like them. Please let me know about your lawsuit and I will join you.

nycsciteach@yahoo.com
Mp
  5th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I wish I were the attorney you're looking for! I just got screwed by Chase. I got a promotional card to buy one item - I was told the card was interest free within the period of months of the promotion.

First they took my online payment option away - moving the online payment to a different part of the ether world without telling me where. So I missed a payment, and then started incurring fees and finance charges, since one late payment means the promotion is over and out gone. Too bad I was never told that helpful bit of information either. I called and complained and was told by a manager that it's my responsibility and Chase can't do anything about it. I have filed a complaint with the Correspondence Department, but it looks like they don't respond anyway.

Down with Chase. I can't believe that any bank keeps getting away with screwing its customers after last year. I'll sign anything or write anything for this cause. I'm an educated woman and STILL got screwed by Chase. Imagine what Chase gets away with doing to more vulnerable people out there.
Po
  31st of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am just like every other consumer and am damn tired of the ###. These big boys think they have the power to jack with their hard working diligent on-time credit card customers. We are nto going to win as 545 poplicymakers in Washington could care less. I say everyone withdraw all your funds form any Chase account and tell chase to shove the credit card debt up their ###. Let em fold! Oh wait Uncle Obama will onyl hand them more monoploy money won't he. Once again - American get the fat finger. Chase can suck my ### !
Vi
  1st of Aug, 2009
I was speaking to a manager in a wamu bank that is now turning into chase and there was some kind of block on our account it was strange . So as she was explaining this to me she was explaining my whole personal account info to every one else in the bank as well. There was no privicy of my account at all.
Vi
IM GAme!!
count me in
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
chase bank changed the rules overnight- no notice. very bad business practices which I suspect they have put in place to neatly dispose of the lesser WAMU customers. I've had it. Count me in for the class action suit- I am sick to death of bailing out these big companies and getting screwed later as well.
Ho
  4th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Amongst a slew of immoral and devious practices, Chase Bank practices "sorting" where they rearrange your debits in a way that maximizes overdraft charges in their favor. An honest $35 fee (excessive in itself) is inflated to $175. Unbelievably, it's legal. This is a blatant "crime" against U.S. Citizens, nonetheless. One that will never see a courtroom. Withdraw all of your funds from all J.P. Morgan Chase accounts. I'd like to see these executives hung in the public square. Real criminals.
Tx
  6th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I would join a class action lawsuit ...More consumer should complain on JP Morgan and Chase to the FDIC they regulate the banks.. --www.FDIC.gov if you search complaint form or go to https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp
--they may not help you get your money back but if enough of chase customers or saying the samething time and time again then they will listen..Chase has unfair business practices ..This is the federal deposit insurance corpations website..it is a real federal website ..
I filed a complaint against chase,
Ko
  13th of Aug, 2009
I want in... please let me know what else I have to do @ Koriaje@gmail.com
Ko
  13th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They pretty much did the same thing to me as they did hobi the wookie...
Go
  14th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I don't understand HOW they get away with reordering the debits/credits on accounts. They also put a hold on PAYROLL checks that are deposited and won't even give you cash back when you deposit! Their illegal practices have put me in hole so far it is not even funny. We live paycheck to paycheck and all we want to do is close this account but after reading some of the other comments, I'm afraid that won't even stop them!
Tl
  16th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes...I just became familiar with Chase Bank and what someone else referred to as sorting. I find it horrible that during these difficult times (my husband has been out of work for a year...still trying to find a job) that they just find ways to take money from their customers.

I went to the ATM machine (a Chase Bank ATM machine) to take out some money. Got my money. One day later a check appeared that posted to my account before the ATM withdrawl...so now it is saying that I never had the money in my account in the first place. I have never came across an ATM machine that will allow you to take out money when you don't have it.
Lu
  19th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just found out the hard way about this arrangement of debits to fit their needs. I can't believe this!! I am a single parent of 4 children with no help from my ex husband and I depend on my money. I even work 7 days a week to have enough for our mortgage etc. I knew I had a debit of $317 my very last bill and I knew that it was going to hit the bank and be short some money. I made sure to deposit that shortage of money along with a late fee the same morning it hit. Come to find out they went back 3 days prior to that debit and chose EIGHT transactions and tacked a late fee onto each one of those!! I wanted to cry $210 in late fees!!! I can't go buy groceries now!! I called the bank and was given the lame story that they go by the amount of the transactions and give those priority. I told them..this was made after all my other bills were paid already and cleared, they were not pending transactions they were debit card purchases. The $317 was a check and was the only thing that had not cleared...that is the only item that should have had a late transaction fee. They told me this happened because it was over the weekend. I have proof the transactions they charged me late fees for were made on FRIDAY before noon EDT time and not weekend charges. They pretty much did not care and sounded as if they were reading a damn script. I just submitted a complaint with the FDIC.
He
  19th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same problem here. I got smart and withdrew all money out of our accounts. But when I did they charged me 2 NSF fees. So our accounts are now in the negative. Oh well...
We opened an account with the local credit union.
It's so nice to have a CU account. They do everything in their power to keep from accessing NSF fees cause they have to account for any $$$ they make.
So they aren't going to bend us over like Chase.
So where do I sign up for the lawsuit?
Be
  21st of Aug, 2009
I'm all for it!
Mj
  25th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was just looking at my chase account and some transactions that had already showed up on my account had been moved. yes largest to smallest. I was 10 over yesterday and 21 under today. i called and said why did you move my transactions that way and of course they said they are doing a legal thing. most of my transactions are debt. i am sorry i thought that they came out automatically. no, pending so they could charge a fee on 1.29 debt card transaction. lawsuit i am in. they want the fees so the ceo can get a big billion dollar bonus while we beg for food. heck the people working get something or they would understand us a little better.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank