Chase Bank / chase id protection charge
I had my chase amazon.com credit card june 2007. When I got the card, I called a number coming along with the credit card. - maybe this call led to my purchase of the id protection, but maybe not - I don't remember exactly. But very soon (June or july) when I found the id protection charge of $11.99 on my statement, I called them to cancel the service immediately, because I would just stay in us for 1 year and I don't need to build my credit history.
However, about 3 months ago (Feb. Or mar.2008), I found chase has been billing me $11.99 for the id protection since july 2007. I immediately called the number [protected] (Id protection department in chase) to cancel the membership again.
Yesterday (May 11, 2008), I found the bill is still on my bill statement. I called chase's customer service again to 1) cancel the membership again; 2) refund all the payment. But they told me that they don't have my records of canceling the service and only agree to refund me for two months. They said it's my fault that I didn't closely watch my statement.
Actually I seldom use this credit card. I trusted chase and its service in the past and didn't know they would do so badly.
I have no reason to have such a service for two reasons. 1) I will go back to my home country next month and don't need to build my credit history in us. 2) I seldom used this credit card. For about 3 or 4 months out of my past 11 months using this card, the only bill is the id protection.
I clearly remember I called chase last july (Or june), because I even joked to my friends that chase was a bad sales to sell to a wrong customer. I also clearly remember I called chase in feb. Or mar. 2008, because I was already angry that time.
I don't check my bank statement often also for several reasons. 1) I trust chase. 2) I seldom use that credit card. The payment each month is too small for me to get alert. 3) I set up an automatic payment from my bank account to this credit card.
More Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - refusing to refund life savings
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - international financial services (ifs)
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase business checking account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - check deposit bank/teller rules
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - $25000 missing wire