Chase Bankcredit card apr gouging

My payment was due April 5th - we use online bill pay to pay our bills and the payment took longer in its processing than normal. They received the payment on April 7th. Was never late before and have not been late since. My once pleasant APR is now 29.99%. They were 'nice' enough to reverse the late fee but refuse to use any common sense or good judgment to retain a historically and present GOOD client that actually pays her bills and readjust the APR.

Went through two ANTI 'customer-service' agents who touted the company line well and finally got to their ANTI 'customer service' manager, Tristan, who soundly touted the same borg-like, "we-can't-actually-THINK-and-make-GOOD-business-decisions" line and then quite finally hung up on me. Mind you, I never used profanity or raised my voice to these people. I simply was presenting a strong argument they had no reasonable recourse for so they just had to hang up. Nice one CHASE. Will have that account paid off next month and will never, EVER, use CHASE again.

Comments

• La
      Jun 21, 2009

I had a Chase auto loan it was awful, I now have a new loan for %3.50 & It is great

• La
      Jun 21, 2009

I had a auto loan with Chase. It was awful. I got a new loan at 3.50%, And I am very happy with my new loan

• Rm
      Jun 30, 2009

I submit I am a victim of misappropriation of funds, fraud, and harassment at the hands of Chase. I negotiated with Cardmember Service, the servicer for Chase credit cards, for a discounted lump sum payoff of a credit card debt. I made the payment via a bank guaranteed check in a timely manner. I did not get credit for the full payment, however. I do not know where the balance of my payment went (hence the misappropriation of funds). Chase did not close out my account as paid as they had agreed to. I believe they had programmed this whole exercise so as to deceive me into making a payment I would not have normally done (hence, the fraud). And, they keep sending bills showing a large balance, when the account should have been paid off (hence, the harassment). I have sent them letters, but they are apparently ignoring them.

• Wi
      Jun 30, 2009

Chase are ripoff artists. They are just waiting for any excuse to increase your APR to 29.9 percent. Don't do business with these guys!

• Rm
      Jun 30, 2009

Yes, they are ripoff artists. They "lost" about $700 of my money, and haven't yet told me where it went.

• Wi
      Jun 30, 2009

Chances are extremely good that it went into their pocket.

Jul 09, 2009

Get this: I have had an account with Chase for over 15 years. I carried a balance for 10 years with a fixed interest of 4.99%. I did not miss payments, and they earned interest every month from me. I did not post new charges to the card, which is a bad thing from their point of view. Anyway, I paid off the 5K+ balance in full last month but forgot about the residual interest of $18.13 due. By the time I realized I owed this, the payment was a few days late. They charged me a $15 late fee which they would not reverse claiming it to be a "valid charge, " so I cancelled my account. The irony of this whole woeful tale is that my credit score will DECREASE as a result of paying off this balance and closing the card, but after I got off the phone with Chase, I looked at my last statement to discover the real kicker: they had raised my APR to 59.40%--that's right, fifty-nine point four zero percent--is that even LEGAL?

Sep 02, 2009

This bank is the worst on earth. Not only did they close my previous WAMU account, they also totally screwed me on a late fee when my bank didn't process an automated payment on time. My APR went from 3.99% to 29.99%. I had never missed a payment or been late in the past. I called them with a representative from my bank and they were completely rude and refused to even talk rationally about what had happened.

Shame on Chase and shame on anyone who works there. How can you go to bed at night knowing that you're totally screwing people over ever single day. You are selling your souls to the devil. I am close to paying off my card and will never ever do business again with Chase.

Nov 03, 2009

My wife and I have 4 chase credit cards. They used to be WAMU cards that Chase had aquired. Back in May or June of 2009 we received letters of "Changes of terms and conditions" on these 4 cards. They stated that they were goingto raise the rates on the cards due to "market conditions". It stated that if we didnt want to accept the new interest rates we had to call them by a certain date and cancel the cards, if we didnt call then it would be assumed that we accepted the changes and would keep the lines of credit at the new higher rate. Well we wanted to keep the lines of credit, and didnt call, and accepted the new rate. The new rates came into affect shortly after, and then without notice chase sent us a letter saying that after consideration, they decided to close all 4 accounts with us due to high risk. So what they did was trick us into keeping the cards to get the higher rate out of us, and then close the accounts. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. Isthere anyone out there that can help us with this, I am sure we are not the only ones Chase is doing this to.

• Na
      Dec 01, 2009

I was told that after 6 months of no late payments my interest rate would return to a normal amount. I had been late with a payment. The card has no monthly balance. I called back and was told they are not lowering interest rates for ANYONE for ANY REASON. This was after being on hold 45 minutes and getting through to the 3rd person. I nicely asked for his supervisor and was refused. You can bet that I will no longer be using this card, that I have had for more than 20 years.

Dec 01, 2009

I had a car loan with Chase at 5.90% which I got at the Dealer where I bought a new car, Every month the interest they deducted went up. I paid $320.00 interest for 9 month of the loan, I couldn, t convince Chase they were over charging me Interest on the loan, It was automaticly deducted each month, I got angry and changed the loan to a Credit Union, at 3.50& My loan is down more now after 6 months then it ever was with Chase, And the Interest charges go down a little easch month as the balance of my loan goes down, I have no re-course except I did copy out all the interest charges they charged me on the Internet right before I changed the loan, The dealer that sold me the car told me the Interest payment amount should go down as the loan goes lower, It didn, t.

• Pe
      Dec 04, 2009

My biggest issue with Chase: they are incompetent when it comes to online bill pay. I have used on line bill pay in the past with WAMU & never did I have an issue. Since Chase took over WAMU, OMG, Chase in one month wrote out 4 checks using the wrong PAYEE name causing my payments to be late. The sad thing is, when you call your big companies advising them of CHASE's error, the company reply is, "you're not the first we have been getting alot of complaints about Chase". Yes, Chase is proud to admit it's their ERROR & apoligise for the mistakes calling it a "GLITCH in the SYSTEM". Wonder how may times they will use this reason?

Dec 04, 2009

To the person that has Chase do their bill pay on line, The best thing to do is Cancel Chase bill pay. and pay the Companies direct on line I pay all my bills on line directly to those Companies, The payments are posted with in 3 days, I also go on line in a few days to make sure they were paid. I hope you like my idea,
    Carol.