Charter Communications / installation debacle

1 Dallas, TX, United States

Original order date was July 3rd with an install date of August 20th. I'm a "planner" so I ordered service far in advance to ensure it would be available and operational by the time I moved in. What seemed so simple has been a complete debacle. I have contacted numerous people at Spectrum for resolution. Nothing has been resolved. I have talked to the local dispatch team and received their promises to "look into it". Nothing has been resolved. I have even contacted the local "bury" subcontractor who has shown no interest in completing the order. Apparently Spectrum doesn't hold their "bury" subcontractors to Service Level Agreements??

In a nutshell, the numerous install techs that have been sent to connect service quickly identify that a new wire needs to be pulled from the existing pedestal located directly across the street. This, apparently, is no different than all houses serviced by Spectrum located on my side of the street (and, as I have been told, is "normal"). The install techs have all been surprised that something so simple (and something that happens "all the time") hasn't been completed prior to their arrival...especially considering it has been reported numerous times.

So here is the Spectrum Groundhog Day I have been living for the past 2 months:

1) Installation appointment is scheduled
2) I take time off work to be present for install
3) Tech arrives but can't complete install because a line needs to be pulled from the pedestal to the house
4) Tech calls supervisor to request a ground bury crew bring line to the house
5) Spectrum calls me to reschedule installation appointment a day after ground bury is "supposed" to be completed
6) Ground bury doesn't happen, another install tech comes out and can't do the install, and the cycle repeats over and over and over again

Rc