Charter Communications / charter billing

Last month I paid my bill for the internet/phone/cable package. Although the amount was deducted from my checking account by Charter, they began harrassing me daily for an unpaid bill, along with daily (very abrupt) late notices in the mail.

Despite spending hours on the phone with a half dozen Indian 'customer care' reps (an even more countless hours on hold), they continued to deny that they had recieved payment. This crap went on for a month - shut off notices, etc.

Twice I faxed my bank statement showing where they had deducted payment. I was told it could take 30 days for them to review the issue, but I still could lose service until then.

By then the next month's bill had arrived (now up to $172.00 for basic services). I paid that which held off the shut-off.

THEN, I guess the payment issue was resolved, because the daily phone calls stopped, BUT, I stated getting shut off notices because I owed them a late fee on the original payment that I had made ON TIME.

Time to switch to Verizon and satellite TV.

Have fun with you impending bankruptcy Charter.

OH, and by the way, your new email system SUCKS!

Sa

Comments

• Ji
      16th of Jan, 2011

absolutely hate!!the new email!!! Please change back to old form.

23rd of May, 2011

Charter sucks and the new email format is lousy. As a company they should go out of business due to so many poor practices.