Charter Communications / charter billing
Last month I paid my bill for the internet/phone/cable package. Although the amount was deducted from my checking account by Charter, they began harrassing me daily for an unpaid bill, along with daily (very abrupt) late notices in the mail.
Despite spending hours on the phone with a half dozen Indian 'customer care' reps (an even more countless hours on hold), they continued to deny that they had recieved payment. This crap went on for a month - shut off notices, etc.
Twice I faxed my bank statement showing where they had deducted payment. I was told it could take 30 days for them to review the issue, but I still could lose service until then.
By then the next month's bill had arrived (now up to $172.00 for basic services). I paid that which held off the shut-off.
THEN, I guess the payment issue was resolved, because the daily phone calls stopped, BUT, I stated getting shut off notices because I owed them a late fee on the original payment that I had made ON TIME.
Time to switch to Verizon and satellite TV.
Have fun with you impending bankruptcy Charter.
OH, and by the way, your new email system SUCKS!
More Charter Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - service outages 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications - numerous problems with charter communications 
- Charter Communications - sewer line damage by spectrum contractor
- Charter Communications - internet 
- Charter Communications - installation debacle
- Charter Communications - burying cable
- Charter Communications - delivery of equipment response when late