Charter Communications - Asheville, NC / they really need to improve their service

The problem started last week. I have high speed internet and a dedicated ip address. I called them twice last week and was on the phone for what seemed like hours. After the first call, in which they made me go through all sorts of troubleshooting on my end, they finally sent a tech out. He said the problem was in the outside line and he would be back to fix it. He never showed. When I called back they made me go through the entire thing again which involved unplugging my modem etc etc etc. They said they would send someone out again. They showed up, and it worked for half a day. I called again yesterday and was on the phone again for close to an hour. So far no one has shown up or called. I am supposed to be on a four hour service plan. They really need to improve their service.

A  27th of Dec, 2006 by
I had charter for telephone service and cable service for 5 months. During those five months my phone would drop calls constantly.

At first it was just a few calls then it got worse. I would call Charter service and make an appointment and wait all day for them to get there. They were good about getting there at least the day they said they would. The service tech’s were nice enough and citreous. The first one checked what he could, scratched his head and said everything was fine and if I had any more problems to call. The phone problem got worse and I called again. The second guy was really nice and at least tried to do something. He turned up the power on the modem they installed and of course said if you have any more problems, call.

The phone and the Internet got really BAD everyday at 4:30 PM the Internet was so slow you could not send an e-mail with out the Internet dropping out. If you made a phone call or someone would call me same thing would happen, the call would be dropped. This would go on till 8 to 8:30 PM then it was an "if'e" thing at best. The Internet would work long enough to check emails and maybe send one or two.

I finally got the service manager to come out an check it him self. He did nothing except say, “Please give me 5 day’s to get it fixed, we grew to fast around here and our system can’t handle everything”.

After 3 weeks of the same thing I finally got tired of the situation and called Bell South. They came when they said they would and changed the phone over. It was about 4:45 PM when they did it so it was a great time for the test. First thing I tried was Internet; it was like having FAST Internet service, wonderful! I have not had a problem since then with the phone or the Internet and will be talking to Bell South about fast Internet.

I am in the hills of NC around Asheville so this is just in my area. Charter may work where you are. Good Luck!
N  30th of Mar, 2009 by
Charter is the worst ISP company I have ever come across. Their customer service is pathetic.

Charter Communications Logo Charter Communications