Champion Windows / Horrible Mis-Measured Windows

1 11869 Dorsett RoadSt Louis, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 314-692-7300

I order 9 windows in June 2008 and the Salesman told me that any rotted wood on the window casings would be replaced. In August 2008 the Installers came and 3 out of 9 windows were the wrong size and they told me that they do NOT replace any bad wood and that they install new windows over rotted wood. I called to complain and they told me that replacing wood costs extra and that the Salesman was wrong. I filed a report with the Better Business Bureau and then Champion promised they would replace the wood and order the windows that were incorrect. On Sept. 20, 2008, the Installers came back and installed 8 windows and 1 incorrect size window and ruined the casings & inside woodwork on two of the windows. They also did a horrible job on the outside trim work and did a very sloppy caulk job & there were many, MANY scratches on the new trim with MANY mis-cuts. The new trim is the correct color but is very cheap & thin and is not textured (woodgrain pattern) like the sample they gave me. This whole thing has been a total nightmare and is not over yet. The Installation Manager is coming over on Monday, Sept. 28th to look over the horrible job and I have a feeling that this one is going to go to court. Do NOT use Champion Windows--you will regret it!!!

Sa

Comments

5th of Jun, 2009

Wow, most companies would have you to pound salt by now. There is no question that windows should not be installed over rotted wood, but the fact they are still working with you and responding is excellent. Have you never heard of companies telling you they are done with you. Be patient and you will have a good result unless you are so unreasonable as to never be satisfied.

• Cr
      8th of Jul, 2009

I appreciate reading all these comments about Champion Windows because I am in need of new windows and I was going to call Champion.
    If they installed windows over rotten wood, I think they should have come out immediately and re-done the job. That's probably not going to happen.
    I would like it if the original person who complained would write a follow-up review of the job Champion finally did regarding the rotten wood under the windows.

• Gi
      6th of Mar, 2011

we bought 11 windows from champion in oct 2004, and these windows are totally junk. the bathroom window was installed the wrong way and the top part of the window-double hung won't open anymore. all 3 windows facing the north side of the house do very poor job keeping the heat in, in the cold winter months. i blame the 365 glass they use for that. in the summer the windows perform little better keeping the heat out.it seems to me that the 365 glass works better for homes down south, but not for the cold new jersey in winter.

• Gi
      6th of Mar, 2011

the champion windows in winter with the 365 glass work well until the temperature dips below 40 degrees F.below 40 degrees perform like the 60 year old single pane windows i had before.they suck the heat out like a vacuum.

• Wy
      9th of Jun, 2015

We have had windows and siding replaced. Poor initial quality and products, poor warranty service, a miserably poorly managed company with bottom tier sub-contractors.