CenterPoint Energy / need to pay gas bill for the last 4 months again as they re calibrated meter

1 Houston, TX, United States

I paid my gas bill on time for the month of December, January, February, March, April of 2018. These are the month where gas bill be higher than rest of the months. In May I was given bill of same 5 months together. When I called customer service, they said my meter got re calibrated. I said what was wrong, then customer service personal said meter was not working. I said how can you tell my meter not working. I requested to talk to her manager. When I talk to her manager, I was surprised. She said my meter was not working for long time but we will charge only for the last 5 months. I said if it was not working then how was I got billed every month and even after re calibrating meter, I am getting normal usage like before. The main thing is, if meter was not working as per their expectation, why it is still giving normal bill just like I used to for the months after that. And if meter needed to be fixed, why do I need to pay same bill for those 5 month again. It should be based on the usage for the same months using historical data. I am living in this house for last 8 years. Why to pay same bill twice thinking usage be double to the higher bill months.

Ht