Centerpoint Energy Minn Appliance Repair Plan / Billing issues

1 PO BOX 1144Minneapolis, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-245-2377

I was on a service repair plan and paid my monthly bills by mail. One month I paid my bill online and then I never received another bill in the mail. I thought they had discontinued the service. About 10 months later I started getting letters from CenterPoint saying they were trying to e-mail me my bill for some reason, but my e-mail address didn't work for them. They had the right e-mail, but I never did receive those e-mails even after adding CenterPoint to my e-mail list. I never did get another monthly bill in the mail until they sent me a notice of final payment for $287.40. Now I am getting notices from a collection agency for this amount. I told them I am not paying it since I never received any of the monthly bills. They have stopped the service and are not adding to my bill but they still want me to pay for the 12 or more months that I wasn't using their service.

Jr

Comments

• Gn
      20th of Nov, 2009

It's called "reading the fine print." The My Account Online Options clearly tell you prior to signing up that you will no longer receive a paper bill. If you were concerned about them having cancelled the plan you should have called to confirm. They were kind enough to provide you with their service, even if you weren't intelligent enough to discuss you concerns with them (and even if you weren't using it), and now you're not paying them?!? Oh, well... It's your credit score.