Cell Cref: [protected] replacement of handset / upgrade

I took a contract out via Call Direct. I specifically asked the sales person about the phones capabilities as I am a National Financial Manager and need to receive emails on my phone etc. I was assured that the phone he was recommending was better that my current phone. When I activated my new handset I found in fact that it was not the case. The phone does not have the functionalities I require and actually reboots itself when you try to open 2 apps. I logged a call and complaint with regards to this and have been waiting since the 17th of February 2016 for someone to resolve my issue. if I need to upgrade I understand but surely I should have been contacted to resolve by now. I keep phoning the customer care / helpline and get the same response every time. What do I have to do? do I cancel my contract with Cell C? Do I contact my attorney to sue for false advertising? do I file a complaint in relations with the new consumers protection act? I know there is a recorded call. I know that should you listen to that call, you will hear the sales agent tell me that this handset is capable. Please advise what I should do.

Ga
Mar 08, 2016

Comments

• Ga
      Mar 08, 2016