[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / reservation specialist

1 Cabot, AR, United States

On 4/23/18 at 1342 I called 1-800-764-7395 to discuss purchasing a cruise as a "Return from Deployment" gift for my husband. The woman who did not give a name talked to me like I was stupid and couldn't understand basic math in figuring cost. Then when asking about a military discount and discounted rate for child and having a large group she declined to allow us any discounts as the cruise was almost booked. After asking questions about the "More the Merrier discount" and differentiation of rates among the 3 rooms I was attempting to reserve, she huffed and puffed and told me she couldn't back up and give me the rates for the very minimal ($34.00 per person in the first room only even though two passengers were 3 and 1 y/o along with the active duty spouse just returning home from deployment) no other discounts were allowed and she kept referring back to the fact that the cruise was almost sold out. I was calling two months in advance. When I questioned the minimal discounts based on the fact that we had the young ones plus 6 other full cost tickets we were attempting to purchase and why they didn't fall in line under the more the merrier since I was booking and paying for them as well, she said it was not allowed and huffed and puffed because I wasn't listening. Well I would like you to know I am a healthcare professional with a master's level education. 4 other degrees to be matter of fact about it. I do not appreciate the fact that I cannot even speak to your representatives without this attitude and rude actions. I ended up hanging up on the representative. I will ensure that all of our military families know the importance of filling the boat with full priced customers rather than honoring the hardworking who bring more guests with them to celebrate that.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, May 02, 2018

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your post.

We regret to learn of the issues that you described when contacting our call center as it is our goal to provide our guests with the finest customer service.

We know our success depends on our guests and we treat all reports of guest dissatisfaction very seriously. Please be advised that your feedback is very important to us and we've forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department to make sure the necessary corrective action is taken as warranted.

In addition, from time to time, we do host special military discounts in which a discounted rates will be offered to our military guests. While we sincerely appreciate your input, we must respectfully advise that military discounts may not be available on every sailing as all promotions are capacity controlled and subject to availability at the time of request.

It is regretful that you received such a poor impression and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your patronage.

Kind Regards,