[Resolved] Carflexi / car rental

1 South Africa

I did the rental agreement online, they immediately took a down payment of R650.00 from my credit card, all went well, confirmation sent. When I arrived at Budget Car Rental I was told they do not accept Capitec Bank Cards which then nullified our "agreement" as I could not get the vehicle. The lady at Budget then advised that I cancel the BOOKING which I immediately did. Upon the cancellation I received an e-mail stating that the booking had been cancelled and that there will be not refund...is this ethical business practice or is this perhaps a way stealing from consumers ? if you do not accept Capitec bank cards why are you so quick to take money from it ? The consultant I spoke to at Carflexi had no idea about this yet the lady at Budget said they have not been taking these cards since March 2017...

May I have my money back...

• Resolution statement

• CarFlexi Customer Care's Response, Jan 08, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Could you please advise your voucher number in order to check this issue further?
    Thank you for your response.

Kind regards,
    CarFlexi.com

• Updated by Ndietwane, Jan 09, 2018

Hi...
    My e-voucher number is No :3438230 and the car Rental provider confirmation is 25744590ZA4, Account L802100,

Regards

Ndietwane Matidza
    +27 60 580 5427

• CarFlexi Customer Care's Response, Jan 11, 2018

Dear Ndietwane,

Thank you for your response.
    Based on the terms and conditions of your reservation the following payment method is acceptable:

Payment :
    The following credit cards are accepted:
    American Express, Master / Eurocard, VISA.
    Cash, Prepaid, Debit or Electron cards are not accepted.
    Cards issued by CAPITEC bank are not accepted.
    A valid credit card in the name of the main driver must be presented as guarantee for the rental.
    Our local car rental partner may reserve an amount equal to the excess as guarantee,
    which will be released after the end of the rental period if no damage/theft has occurred.
    Excess waiver insurance is available locally, offered by our car rental partner, as an optional extra form of insurance to provide cover for all or part of the excess.
    Two credit cards are required to rent car group Toyota Fortuner automatic (JA5) or similar.
    Please note that all local payments will be made in South African Rand (ZAR).

Please kindly note that this information was available during the booking procedure and also in my booking facility at https://www.carflexi.com/en-us/customer/customer-login under the terms and conditions of your rental.

Based on our cancellation policy you can always cancel 48 hours before the rental start free of charge.
    Since your reservation was cancelled less than 48 hours then the amount paid during the booking procedure is not refundable.

Hope this clarifies your questions.

Kind regards,