Capital One / midleading and bad customer service

1 City of Industry, CA, United States Review updated:

I have been a Cap One customer for years. In January I made a balance tranfer to my current APR which was 0%. I asked for the deadline of my current APR before I did the transfer and they told me there wasn't one that they could find so I was good at least until the end of the year. I questioned this and asked if they would confirm all of this in writing. They did, only the sheet they sent me only said I transferred to my current APR - it gave me no deadline for my APR. In April sure enough my bill showed up with a new APR of 9.9%. I called immediately to voice my concern and they told me they would fix the interest rate and that they would refund the finance charge. But sure enough this month the bill showed up with the same APR and another finance charge. I called again and was treated horribly. I was told there was no record of beging told my APR had no end date. I requested that they at least refund my finance charges for two months and was told "No". I was transferred at least 6 times, hung up on twice 'accidentally' - (and no I wasn't yelling) and finally told they would refund one month only. I asked why - because I was never told they declined my original request and she said "HEY - WE DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING HERE -THERE IS NO RECORD OF YOUR CONVERSATION ABOUT THE APR". So I agreed to take one month and I am cancelling my account. I feel that I was purposefully lied to in January just to get me to transfer the money. The old bait and switch game which is supposed to be illegal. Don't use Cap One - they are rude, and dishonest.

Va

Comments

20th of Aug, 2009

Had this experience too, just earlier today. Spoke
    with their representative and was treated with no
    respect. been loyal and done my best to keep my
    account up to date but it was never considered. Called
    them up tried to atleast lower their extra charges & paid in full but come 2 weeks later they just close it without me knowing. told that i agreed for settlement. now they could not do anything. DO not join and build account with them guys. they sucks, BIG time!!! -- Chris

• Ol
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Capital One - Awful customer service
    Capital One

I had originally called to inquire about a credit balance I had on my capital one credit card . I was told I had the credit yransfered to available credit. I then found out that was not true. I called again and was told I did not buy had a balance I could pay online yet when I tried I was unable to. I called for the third time and was then told I had an available credit of four hundred dollars Andy again that was not true . Every call following those became increasingly difficult .I had repeated asked to speak to supervisor and would bein hold for ten minutes ay a time.not mention the call would be disconnected overtime wa supervisor . Last phone call I was given a good garb credit but wouldn't applied for afaik or 2. When I asked to Mae a formal complain.t I was told I could not. Very aggravated. Wasted 10 different things and yet the supervisor would not so anything but speak to the customer service reps if she could handout who they were asked speak to her supervisor and was told she was the highest supervisor. This took three hours out of my day. Sorry does nor cut it.