Capital One Auto Financevery unprofessional

On October 19, 2011 my car was repossessed by a third party hired by Capital One from my home in Houston TX. When I called that same day to see why my vehicle was taken, I was told that I had 10 days to pay $1700 to retrieve my vehicle before it was taken to auction. Not only was Capital One authorized to automatically draft my car payment ($350) every month, a payment was drafted from my account the same day my car was taken from me.

I called on October 24, 2011 to make the payment of $1700 that I was told was owed only to be informed that my car was repossessed by mistake and that my account was currently up to date. A call was made to release my vehicle and I was given the third party's information to get the exact location of my car. Once I made the call to find out where my car was being kept I was told by the third party company that I needed to contact Capital One for important information regarding my vehicle. I called Capital One right back just for them to tell me that my car was shipped to an auction in Dallas, TX. I spoke with a more than a few customer service agents explaining the error each time that I was transferred and was finally able to speak to a manager that was able to have my car transported back to the third party company that first had possession of my vehicle.

On November 2, 2011 I finally regained possession of my damaged vehicle with a different key that was cut for my ignition. My car was trashed internally, oil smudged all throughout my interior; my console, cup holders, seats and passenger side floor was filled with dirt; and not to mention my windshield was completely damaged.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Plano, TX I called Capital One the moment I retrieved my vehicle to make them aware of the damages that were made to my car while out of my possession and was told they would email me an affidavit to have notarized of the damages and mailed back to start a claim for my vehicle to be repaired. On November 5, 2011 my car completely stopped working and had to be towed directly to the Certified* Toyota dealership's service station where my car was purchased. It was after the head mechanic gave me an estimate when I was told that the key that was cut for my car caused my vehicle's computer to shut down as an anti-theft mechanism. I mailed a copy of the estimate along with the notarized affidavit to Capital One Auto Finance so that my repairs could be taken care of. Sounds like it should've been an easy transaction only it is the exact opposite!

I have called Capital One everyday to get this matter resolved, spoken to over 30 representatives and 12 supervisors to get this matter resolved. Of all the phone calls I have made I have yet to speak with the correct person to handle this matter and my calls have been disconnected by 8 of the 12 supervisors. It is December 18, 2011 and I am still without my vehicle due to the mistake that Capital One has made, now I am getting harassing phone calls about making a payment. As a result of Capital One's mistake I have missed countless days of work due this issue and is at risk of losing my job.

Capital One is very unprofessional in handling business and their customer service is HORRIBLE!!
I will NEVER do business with this company in any shape, form nor fashion and I would NEVER recommend anyone to do business with Capital One at all!!

Comments

• Ga
      Dec 18, 2011

Has your account ever been delinquent? Why are they contacting you about payment on an account that has auto withdrawal? Has the auto withdrawal ever been declined due to lack of funds? Bounced checks?

• Ha
      Apr 21, 2012

I have been able to make all my payments on time and I LOVE CAPITAL ONE!! I've never had a problem with them.