Canadian Tire Fort St John B.c / poor people skills

1 Fort st John, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1(250) 782-9552

I live in Fort Nelson 4 hour away from Fort st John, when in town for medical resons did a little shopping at Canadian Tire. Found a snow blower and bought such for my husband for christmas. Returned home to see flyer saying the item was now on sale 100.00 dollars cheaper, called store to say I was dissapointed in the fact I would have waited the day and saved the money. Was rudely told the stores policy is not to allert people of the savings as the store needs to make money. In this time of money trouble I found this to be a cold and uncaring way for a manager of any store to act. Fort Nelson has had both our mills close in the last 6 months so every dollar counts. I feel the store should value there customers and not turn them away, these type of coments make the trip further south much more warrented.

Yours Truely
Layed of Millworker

Comments

Aq
  14th of Mar, 2010

Most stores have a "price protection" guarantee or policy. Some Canadian Tire stores (or perhaps good store employees) will, if you ask nicely, look up the sale price and they can tell you the date the item will next go on sale. I've even had them give me the sale price before it went on sale AND i've gone back there when the item went on sale weeks later and received a store credit for the difference.