Canada Post / parcel delivery

SHALLOW LAKE, Canada

I purchased an item and received notice Aug 24, 2016 to pick up the parcel at the Shallow Lake, ON location between the hours of 08:45 am to 17:45 pm Monday to Thursday. Fridays 9:00 am to 18:00 pm. This outlet is within the general store. I have to drive 15 minutes out of my way to this postal outlet so detoured on my way to work and arrived on August 25, 2016 at 8:40 am. I waited 10 minutes and was told by the general store clerk that she didn't believe that the woman started until 9:00 am most mornings.

I left without my parcel and then decided to attempt a return trip over my lunch hour the following Monday, Aug 29/16, and arrived at 1:10 pm. This time I had to drive from Owen Sound to Shallow Lake and back to work again. I arrived only to find a sign up on the post office desk indicating that she was out for her own lunch until 2:30 pm. No where on the Parcel notice did it indicate closed for lunch and the grocery store clerk indicated they close the outlet for 2 hours *every day* from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm.

Needless to say I still don't have my parcel which I'm trying to retrieve not only by the 15 deadline but before the pending postal strike. In order to make the 3rd attempt, I actually have to request early leave from work so that I can try to arrive when there is actually staff on site between 2:30 pm and 5:45 pm. Very frustrating when services are not available as outlined.

Su