Canada Post / not receiving forwarded mail

Canada, British Columbia, Nanaimo
I really do hope you can help me. I purchased the canada post mail forwarding service from the outlet in shoppers drug mart in the country club mall location. The person at the desk did not provide me with a receipt. I was in a hurry and did not really think about the ramifications of not having the "code" on the receipt. It turns out you cannot get one bit of help from canada post, or the ombudsman without that code. So I cannot get any answers from anyone about where my mail has been going for the last 8 months.
I cannot file my taxes without the missing t4 slip. All my litigation files from my lawyers are missing. I have not been able to do anything and now I am living in ecuador, south america, which makes it even more difficult to get assistance. I have called the post office in nanaimo several times only to be ignored. I called the postal outlet in the shoppers drug mart and they say basically "tough luck" ok I get it, but where the heck is the undeliverable mail going?? A local dumpster?? I mean really, what do they do with it??
I am almost to the point of flying home to canada and confronting these people face to face until I get some action. I do not want to spend the $1500+ to return to nanaimo and try to get some answers.
Please let me know if there is anything you can do for this situation.

Kevin j. Demers