Buypureacaiberry.com / credit card charged, no product received

#3 - 17th Avenue SouthNampa, ID, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-484-2863

Ordered free trial on 11/30/08. Free sample product mailed on 12/01/08 and received on 12/03/08.

Called several times to cancel, finally reached voice mail on 12/9/08 and left message at 2:07 p.m.

Did not feel comfortable with that, so called back several times on 12/10/08 and reached a rep at 4:50 p.m. After much harassment, I was finally able to convince them that I wished to cancel. Spoke with J. Peterson????

On 12/16/08, my credit card was charged for $78.81, no product was received and I had cancelled on 12/10.

Finally able to reach someone (Gage or Bage???) on 12/29/08. Advised them that my credit card had been charged even though I had cancelled timely. Again, after much harassment, I was told that if I returned the product, I would receive a credit. I told them that I had not received any product, only the trial bottle. She said that I would receive one. Told her again, that I had cancelled and did not want the product, not to send me anything - just credit my account for the erroneous charge. She just kept repeating that I had to return the product (the 2nd bottle, which I never received) in order to get a credit.

By then, I was so frustated I did not know what to do. How can I send back something I have never received and how can they charge me after I have cancelled??

I then went to the website and clicked on the "contact us" to send them a message. Following is the message I received from them: (their exact spelling)
Please be adviced that your data could'nt be pulled up be very limmited information. Please provide you Order number, and the last 4 digits of your credit card. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional question. Sincerely, Marry-SS

I attempted to send a reply, however it came back undeliverable.

Is there anything I can do to get this money back and prevent them from putting any more charges on my credit card?

Georgette Francis
jgfrancis@bresnan.net

Comments

Bg
  21st of Dec, 2008

Buypureacaiberry.com - After receiving the product within 5 days of having the product my debit card was charged $78.81
New York

They are using the phone number 973 8430059 to continue calling and never speak, I call them back and the number is disconnected,
Sa
  23rd of Jan, 2009

Buypureacaiberry.com - Thieves will take your money
Nevada

Watch out for these guys. They offer you a trial for $4.99. Stupid me...I ordered the free trial THEN went online to research reviews about them. After finding a bunch of negative, I called them 15 minutes later to cancel the order. The representative on the phone was rude and wouldn't cancel my order. He said that it was sent directly to the shipping center and he was customer care so he couldn't cancel it. I told him to transfer me to whoever could cancel it. He said that no one could. He said I would have to wait for the bottle to arrive, then call back and then I could return the bottle to them at my own expense and they would refund the $4.99. Even after shouting and repeatedly telling him that I don't want their product he just kept repeating himself. I am disputing the charge on my credit card, but oh what a headache. I should have known better and hope someone else will be deterred by my experience.
Ka
  12th of Feb, 2009
It hurt my stomach and retain fluid and I did feel any differance in my energy . I can't find a place to stop my prescription on line.
Kathy Shatwell
13721 w 86th st. S
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
ange1fire52@yahoo.com
please contact me and show me you have cancel my prescription!
Feb. 12, 2009
Pm
  23rd of Feb, 2009
I ordered the free month trial of Acai berry. It has done nothing for me so besides the fact that I have been laid off my job, I want to make sure that I don't receive any more. I do not want to go through that hassel of overlimit fees dded to my credit card that I can't pay.

Patricia Scarr
Clovis, CA 93611
Ke
  23rd of Feb, 2009
I'm really confused when I see that some people think they can cancel their order here but realize someone said that this website was on the label of the product.

Hope you realize, this is just a Complaint Forum. It has nothing to do with your product. The only thing you can do is send it back and use the address that was on the package the product came.

Read some of the testimonies on this website, a few people have put down addresses to where ever they got their product.
Tt
  24th of Feb, 2009
I have tried for several day to cancel and my card was charged twice for 78. and 86 dollars. i finally had the bank to cancel my card and dispute the charges. Today after being on hold for 30 min. I reached a live person who said my account would be refunded in 3 business days for the two amounts charged and gave me a cancellation number. I have never received this product or even tried it.
Jj
  25th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me. I got the so called free trial for $4.99, but then a month later, I was billed $78.00 for this product. I called to dispute the matter and the first rep I talked to gave me a confirmation number, then I called right back 10 minutes later to see if the code number was legit. I told the rep my confirmation number, but she was unable to tell me my name, address, and email address. Me thinking to myself any legal company should be able to give you all of your ordering information from their own cancellation number. I asked for them to send me a confirmation letter they said it could not be done. This company is a scam and to anyone who reads this, do not order from www.buypureacaiberry.com- it is a joke and the company is not real. It makes me wonder if they are really selling Acai berrys or not? All I know as of now is that I am out of about $100.00. That money could have went to a utility bill or something. These people are crazy and when they get arrested by the law it's going to be a sad day for all of those who participated in this scam. I know that they only have a few operators who work the phones because when I kept calling them back the same females answered the phones repeatedly. One of the women sounds just like the automated operators voice? So people don't be fooled by this scam save your time and money order elsewhere.
Sc
  25th of Feb, 2009

Buypureacaiberry.com - Ripped Off!
Avanced Wellness Research
Phone: 1-866-964-1011
buypureacaiberry.com

Back in January of 2009 I tried the "FREE" trial of these pills for the shipping and handling charge of $4.99. Then why was I charged a random $0.15, which is odd, but it was $.15 so who cares right? Then the
$78.81 was charged a couple of weeks later. That is my mistake for not clearly reading the fine print, nice trick I'll bet that is one of the ways those people make money, stealing from innocent trusting people like myself, but then there was another charge of $2.36 which I also don't understand. The rude man on the phone was trying to tell my that those charges aren't even from them, when it clearly shows the same information on my bank statement as all of the other charges on my account. Then just the other day after numerous phone calls, hang ups, emails, and website complaints I got charged $83.80 again!! How is this possible?!!? How i this leagal, I've canceled, I've called, I've emailed. What more can I do to get them to stop taking y money! So I called again, after 3 times being hung up on I got through, explained my situation and got a refund only for the last $83.80(supposedly, I haven't seen it in my account yet.) And the whole time the same rude guy on the phone is trying to tell me to give it to my friends, buy some more for my friend at a discount?!?!!? WHAT? Just exactly how slow does a person have to be?
So, In conclusion Happy Customer and 100% satisfaction, NOT SO MUCH!
Ru
  3rd of Mar, 2009

Buypureacaiberry.com - Fraudulent credit card charge
Advanced Wellness Research, Inc.
Miami Beach
Florida

I ordered a 'free' sample for the shipping charge of $4.99. Then two weeks later they charged $78.81 for products that I did not order. The second charge was out of the UK.
Tr
  3rd of Mar, 2009

Adbanced Wellness Research
Miami Beach
Florida
Phone: 800-503-well
buyprureacaiberry.com

After getting a "30 day free trial supply" and paying the postage, they charged my credit card $73.99 just 1 week after sending the trial supply. I did not approve the charge.
Ja
  13th of Mar, 2009
I was very interested in these products after seeing them glorified on national television. I took advantage of the 30 day free trial offer and paid for the shipping and handling charges of $4.99 for the acaiberry product and $5.95 for the cleansing product. I received the trail samples and then noticed that 16days later I had a charge of $78.81 and 14days later a charge of $78.84 for products neither received nor ordered. I attempted several times by telephone to contact the businesses to no avail. I have refused to pay these charges on my credit card.
Ju
  18th of Mar, 2009
becareful of this company, same thing happened to me, My bank is sending a unauthorized payment statement to the company, hope they can get my money back.
Ra
  3rd of Apr, 2009
I was told I could not return the product because it was past 30 days since I ordered, but I had just received the bottle the day before! I wish I had seen all the complaints before I ordered, I definitely would never have tried this! It is a scam and I am going to tell everybody I know!
Fr
  6th of Apr, 2009
These people are scammers. I am fighting a $79.44 charge right now from them. I fought the same charge with them last week then they removed it from my debit card. Now this week, it is back under a different company name.
The company is located in INDIA.

BEWARE-They will steal your money.
Cr
  27th of Oct, 2010

Buypureacaiberry.com
buypureacaiberry.com

Huge SCAM!!! - I read where you could get a free trail for the Pure Acai Berry Product from Advanced Wellness Research. All I had to do was pay $4.99 for shipping. Seemed harmless. I had 30 days to return product for a full refund if unhappy for any reason. This is posted on their website. After receiving the product within 5 days of having the product my debit card was charged $78.81. When I called to inquire they stated I had to cancel within 14 days. I explained that wasn't on their website it clearly stated 30 day money back guarantee. I explained they needed to cancel any future shipments which they fully intended to send without my authorization because I was not paying $78.81 for any 30 day supply of pills. Not to mention it does not work. Please do not fall into this scam. I still don't have any refund of my money.