Burger King - Daytona Beach / bug in burger at bug-a-king

1 Daytona Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 386-788-4242

My son and I went to the Daytona Beach August 12, 2008 to visit my neice who lives there. We were on the way to our condo in New Smyrna Beach and stopped by Burger King on A-1-A in Daytona Beach (store # 6527) to pick up lunch. We headed down the road and my son started freeking out because there was a bug in his sandwich. We all stopped eating, had to stop somewhere else to get my son something different to eat. Needless to say, my neice and I had lost our appetite. On our way back to Daytona Beach we stopped back by Burger King, talked to the Manager of which refunded my money. She also gave me the number of the General Manager - Renee @ [protected] in case my son were to get sick. The next week I received a call from an adjuster - JoAnn Williams @ [protected] asking what happened. I also received a call from Ricky at Flowers Bakery @[protected]. It appeared as if they were sending off the sandwhich to the lab to determine who had the liability issue; Burger King or Flowers Bakery. Since, JoAnn Williams called wanting to know if Flowers Bakery got a hold of me. I called Flowers, and spoke to Ricky who said he had not heard anything yet so I called JoAnn Williams back to ask her what was happening. JoAnn was out of town and would be back in the office on Monday. I left JoAnn a message to call me. To this date, November 25, 2008 I have not heard from anyone. Oh- JoAnn did offer to send me free coupons, but to be honest with you I have no desire to ever eat at a Burger King in any town or any state. My next step is to contact the News Journal in Daytona and the Gainesville Sun to share this experience with them and then maybe???? I will get a call back from someone. What really upsets me more than anything is these folks called me and now I cannot get the common courtsey of them letting me know where we stand with the liability issue. I also tried calling Renee the General Manager, and of course, she doesn't work there any longer. I guess that tells you where we stand with issue which is absolutely nothing! Also, when I was talking to a friend of mine at work, she knows of a lady that stopped in Melbourne Burger King and found a half of a frog in her sandwhich so you might want to think twice about eating there and I think that should explain why there are not many Burger King as there used to be. She has seeked legal counsel. I have told many people my story and will continue to because BUG-A-KING doesn't deserve to be in business especially after reading all the information on this site. PLEASE ...RETHINK EATING AT BURGER KING.

Comments

• De
      30th of Nov, 2008

You couldn't pay me enough to eat that ###.

18th of Dec, 2017

This comment is concerning the Burger King located at 112 Ridgewood Ave, in Daytona Beach, Florida. The restaurant looks grimy and unclean. The rest room for women repeatedly lacks paper supplies and the door remains locked. After I asked for access to the rest room, I was informed that it was customary to lock it as a lot of crime was committed there. I was very uncomfortable at that point. My food was correctly made but was room temperature. The employees seemed uninterested in the customers and generally gave me the impression that they did not care about how they did their jobs. I was very upset during my visit and do not plan to go back. Can you please take measures to correct this restaurant? Thank you.