Burger King / commercial

your recent commercial containing the line "you arrogant punk" is a degrading racist commercial. Why can't you have better taste? Surely there are better ways to sell your product. You should be ashamed.

Comments

• Ri
      4th of Jul, 2008

How on Earth is the commercial racist? All three are obviously scientists at the observatory, that's obvious. Maybe watch it again.

• Du
      5th of Jul, 2008

This poor taste seems to run through all of Burger King's latest commercials. They have one that promotes road rage, and another that promotes violence in the workplace (Steakhouse burger). And we wonder why our society is so violent! Burger King, you have definitely lost my business and that of my friends and family.

In Canada, I tried complaining to the Advertising Standards Council, but they won't do anything because the station and commercials are American.

• Di
      8th of Jul, 2008

It's a commercial. Marketing professionals must laugh at idiots like you guys. Stupid ###s. Get a ###ing life. Christ on roller skates.

• Go
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Agreed... It's funny.. stop taking yourselves so seriously you ###ing yuppy fruit loops - prolly do you some good to lay off the fast food for a while anyways you fat disgusting ### :)

p.s.That poor taste you're complaining about isn't from the commercial.. no go suck your priest some more

• Ka
      22nd of Jul, 2008

THIS is why no one can have any fun any more. Frivolous lawsuits, stupid over-protective parents with sticks up their ###.

• Sy
      28th of Jul, 2008

Are you even black? How the hell did you get racism? That comercial was funny as hell. Are you mad cause you did not discover a planet too? This day of age too many people are so sensitive to things that are even there. There all obviously scientist and all most likely have a degree and the arrogant punk was white and the guy who discovered the planet was white. I was wish he said you arrogant motha and then cut to the BK guys voice. get a life and maybe your the racist

• Ka
      31st of Jul, 2008

Our family is watching Nanny 911, Channel 15, Storm Lake Iowa on July 31 at 8:45. The commercial with the daddy Burger King and his son. WHAT is the purpose of showing him kicking his father? Is that what you are encouraging? Disrespect to parents? Why is he kicking his father? not that there is any good reason. Is it because the child doesn't want to eat healthy? Because dad just came home? Why is mom smiling? It's a terrible commercial. Secondly, you are sponsoring Nanny 911, which is dealing with dysfunctional families. And the commercial encourages that behavior!!

Please revisit this portrait of family.

• Ve
      2nd of Aug, 2008

I FIND YOUR COMMERCIAL WITH THE CHILD KICKING THEIR PARENT TO VERY OFFENSIVE. HOW DARE YOU AIR WHAT WE AS PARENTS TEACH OUR CHILDREN ABOUT RESPECT. PLEASE PULL THIS OFFENSIVE COMMERCCIAL. WE HAVE ENOUGH ON TV WITH THE PRESIDENTAL RACE AND ALL THEIR MUD-SLINGING.

• Ji
      18th of Sep, 2008

You must be an over protective parent.
    Get the sand out of your vagina you whore.

• Ba
      9th of Nov, 2008

Why does Burger King need to show someone ramming someone with their car while waiting in the fast lane? What does this say about how stupid we have become that this is acceptable. Lets keep it light not criminaly insane

• Bo
      5th of Apr, 2009

I just saw the new burger king kids meal commercial. I think it is uncalled for to use the "I like big butts" song and video changed to "square butts" for a kids ad!!! ...a kids ad? Really? That's horrible!

• Gr
      5th of Apr, 2009

I think it is funny.. but a little screwed up.. as forur mr. tillo..
    ### your grammer

• Ai
      5th of Apr, 2009

I love that commercial!!! and I am a mother of 3... now mine are 17, 15, 12...none the less I would still say it was funny if they were younger and still eating kids meals :-)

• La
      6th of Apr, 2009

Oh please that commercial is funny - and for kids it goes with the whole Sponge Bob theme - let me see doesn't Sponge Bob have a square butt? I thought is was little freaky with the Burger King guy - but I always think he is a little freaky. Overall the commercial does exactly what the advertisers wanted --- got our attention!

6th of Apr, 2009

it's 2009 and we as women are still volunteering to be used as sex objects...we're instilling the belief into our five year old sons that it's okay to see females as stupid ho's and telling our five year old daughters that it's okay to act like stupid ho's... when our sons grow up to be criminals that beat their wives and pimp their girlfriends and our daughters grow up to be the wives and girlfriends that stand for it...it'll be no one elses fault but our own...

• Ai
      6th of Apr, 2009

Wow mandyou, you got all that from a stupid commercial? I think you should take the constructive energy and to your local Boys and Girls club or Youth organization where it's better needed. In my opinion only bad parenting can lead to results you describe. So that you know there is nothing sexy about a square butt.

• Ra
      6th of Apr, 2009

I think its so silly to make a big deal out of this. The point is to get your attention, and clearly its working. Spongebob does in fact have a square butt, and kids like spongebob, so in my opinion the commercial is just restating what is already known. I completely agree that it is up to the parenting defines how kids grow up to be. You dont want you kids to watch it, then don't let them. If your kids watches this commercial at age 5 and starts pimping other little 5 year olds at the playground, then I think you have got to seriously rethink how your kid spends his/her time and how much time you spend influencing them on what is right and what is wrong. But other than that, just calm down, this commercial isnt worth starting a revolution over.

• Hu
      6th of Apr, 2009

I absolutely agree with you. Burger King always pushes the envelope but to take a cartoon that 3 and 4 year old children watch and turn it into something even somewhat sexual is WRONG!

• Va
      6th of Apr, 2009

i could careles if my kid sees this, as I control the purse in my house, and it will be a cold, cold day in hell before I would ever open it to buy the slop Burger King sells and put it into my kids body. I mean would you go out and buy your kid a pack of cigarettes? their 'frankenfood' is just about as healthy.

• Be
      6th of Apr, 2009

Oh my, I can't believe what I just saw. What marketing genius thought "Big Butts" was the right theme song for Kid's Meals...This is absolutely unbelievable!!!