Burger King / orderered vegetrarina burger at manchester airport, but served with chicker burger

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I was waiting at the Manchester Airport on 13th June 2006 around 18:40 hours for my return flight to Bangkok by Emirates Airlines (via Dubai). I ordered an Vegetarian Burger at Burger King and was given a Burger (by cashier Tegan Walker transaction # 5088). On eating it one time, the burger appeared to be something different, so I thought that may be I am tired that is why am not able to taste it properly. But after eating the second bite, I started feeling that it is something abnormal and not like a vegetarian burger. On enquiry to the cashier, he said he had given me a vegetarian burger only. Then after a lot of my insisting to check it he called somebody from inside and when he saw the burger, he accepted that it was not a vegetarian burger but a chicken burger.

This has created a lot of problems for me. I am an Hindu having never eaten any non-veg in my life. This has broken my religious belief and had created a lot of problems in my family.

Why does Burger King advertise for providing vegetarian burgers when they can not make & serve such things???

Regards

Anish

An

Comments

• Ad
      1st of May, 2007

... I don't think it went against your religious beliefs... I think you're over reacting... a ton. It's not like you ate it on purpose. It was a mistake. I'm a diabetic, and many times have been served regular coke instead of diet. Yeah, it sucks, it's inconvenient, but it's a mistake. If it's that big of a deal to you, you should check the burger before you eat it, look at it, or not trust others to cook for you. It's ultimately your responsibility to check what you are putting into your body. People make mistakes, we're all human. Yes, they should have been more careful, but to say it has caused many problems for you and your family is extremely outrageous... total overreaction.

• Ki
      3rd of Jun, 2007

Amen to what she said.

• Qu
      20th of Oct, 2008

Oh, boo hoo. Here's an idea, try looking at your food before you cram it down your pie hole.

• Gd
      24th of Apr, 2009

that is absolutely pathetic if you dont want to eat meat dont go to BURGER king

• Gd
      24th of Apr, 2009

like i said before this is a pathetic complaint. I LOVE BURGER KING, ill suggest that you dont eat there again and i also suggest that you get a life intead of posting stupid complaints on here.

hope never to here from you
    gareth:)

• De
      10th of Jun, 2009

Do they even serve meat at burger king?