Buffalo Wild Wings / the glass ceiling

TX, United States

"Is Bdubs a good place to work?" I'm often asked. Unfortunately my answer is not a simple yes or no, but more of a "that depends". It depends on who you are if your a female at all the answer is usually yes, especially between the ages of 16 and 24. For women buffalo wild wings offers a great work environment, with loads of opportunities to climb the corporate ladder. But if you are a man between the ages of 16 and 30 then the answers is a big fat NO!!! I have worked there for 7 months now and and just realized that I've hit the glass ceiling without ever leaving the floor. On the other hand, the beautiful young girl that I began working this job with climbed the corporate ladder rather quickly. We started around the same time but she was promoted within the first two months to cashier. I've been here seven months and I've had only one cashier shift. I was also promised a server position around Christmas time and guess what? I never even saw the training manual. Shocker! But what really pisses me off is the fact that they're hiring servers left and right even though on their case about waiting tables. Nothing good has come from this job and the money sucks for the ### I have to deal with on a daily basis.