Budget Truck Rental / breakdown/customer service

1 NV, United States Review updated:

Truck broke down... They towed my dog in the broken down truck for 2 and a half hours through the desert with no air conditioning or water... Totally illegal... Made me lose a lease, now paying 125.00 more a month for a house... Couldn't register my son for school, etc etc. They said they would discuss settlement when closed out... Called cutomer service in tulsa oklahoma and spoke to the end all in customer service, nan. They offered 25%... Not acceptable... They cost me 1400.00 for the lease alone... Nan said she had no one above her to discuss further and she did not know a corporate numer. I was calm, but she said that was that and hung up on me. Called back, talked to nina, asked for nans supervisor... No one else... Nan is the top dog. I insisted I talk to someone besides nan... Nina said that was their final offer and the other level 2 agents were busy and they will call me back in 24 hours... Not acceptable... Again I insisted that the offer was not acceptable and nina also hung up on me... This is budgets customer service department... Its their way or nothing and when they are done with you they hang up on you... Keep in mind... I was not screaming or going crazy... Just wanting to be heard out... Ridiculous... When we were broken down we met several people and they said always use penske... I will.

Comments

• He
      9th of Sep, 2009

You are a disgusting sorry person that needs some serious help. You pay few hundred dollars to rent a little van and then when it broke down, you want something big and free. If you were in rush so much, you should have hired professional moving help.

You are a loser. At least they towed you right away. You are not supposed to ride in that broken van. If I was that tow truck driver, I would live you in the desert. He was nice to you to let you ride in that van. People like you are taking advantage of bad situation. Guess what, I hope you never rent anything from Budget again. As you can guess, they don't need your 150 dollars. Also get a better story; no one would lose a lease or son’s schools registration for just been late for few hours or even few days. You should have planed ahead of time. What a sorry story. Stop blaming people for your own fault. I think you are plain trash, low ends person. Get a life and education.

• Fr
      15th of Oct, 2009

Your service was very unsatisfactory. Myself, my grandson and great grandaughter were stranded for four hours on a busy Interstate Highway between Fort Worth, Texas and Hillsboro, Texas. 28 miles out of the way. Budget office told us there would be 2 men and a new truck waiting for us there wasn't. Budget office than told us it would be the next day that we would receive our new truck. We was told to go to the best western and they would have us a room, budget office did nothing of the sort to help us. We were than told we could sleep in the truck. We had a 4 year old great grand daughter with us so we had to rent a room ourselves. We were 24 hours without a truck and budget only wants to reinburse us 25% not including the money we were out for food and a hotel. I hope your company doesnt treat everyone who rents a truck the way we were treated. YOUR COMPANY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.