Budget Truck Rental / incompetence-confirmed rental. no truck available

1 Nanuet, NY, United States

Reserved truck on 4-11-18 for pick up 4-26-18. Confirmed with Budget 3 times and Skyview Service Inc. 370 Middletown Road, Nanuet, NY 10954 (place of pick-up) on 4-24-18. Four confirmations. Received phone call from Skyview on 4-25-18, 2:00 pm, day before pick up that a truck was UNAVAILABLE. How does this happen??? No explanation from Skyview, just WE DON'T HAVE A TRUCK FOR YOU!!!. EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Skyview complaint will follow. Immediately contacted Budget. Transferred to Escalation department. Said they will contact me within 2 hours. Shouldn't this be resolved right away? Received callback and said a truck was found but new pick up spot would be Lodi, New Jersey. 25.3 miles away from me. Totally UNACCEPTABLE. Was told they could reimburse me with miles. I don't need their DAMN miles. I needed a truck for my move the next day. I will never rent from Budget ever again and will advise all customers to stay clear away. With all their facilities, they couldn't locate a 16" truck nearby?????. I can't remove the one star rating up top. I will give negative ratings if possible.

• Updated by Kent Tom, May 01, 2018

For the record, this complaint is not for Skyview Service, Inc.'s Automotive mechanical services. 370 Middletown Road, Nanuet NY 10954. This is a complaint on them being a sub-contractor for Budget Truck Rentals at their service station. Initially upon entering on Tuesday 4-22-18 ( two days prior to my pick up date of 4-24-18) and providing my confirmation number on the truck rental, there was difficulty in retrieving this information on their computers. After locating, I was asked when the truck was reserved because their system didn't indicate a CONFIRMED reservation. After a few keystrokes it was found and confirmed. This was my first indication that this establishment didn't have a clue in Budget's reservation process. I proceeded to ask that "a truck will definitely be available on Thursday, Is that correct???". Their response was YES, it's in the system and a 16' truck will be here. Next question. Could I have the reserved furniture pads ahead of time so I could get a heads up on wrapping my furniture. Their response: Oh No!! This has never been asked in all my years of renting trucks. ( Seriously?? This has never been asked? I highly doubt he has years of experience in this). I offered, for them to hold a couple of hundred dollars on my credit card. Oh NO!! You take the pads with the truck. (2nd clue that this reservation was starting to go south). My concerns were justified the next day Wednesday 4-23-18 at 2:00 pm when Skyview called to inform me a truck WASN'T available. I almost had a heart attack. The day before my move I'm receiving this call? I asked what happened? I confirmed four times. Three with Budget and once with them. His response: I DON'T HAVE A TRUCK FOR YOU!! NO EXPLANATION!!. Totally UNPROFESSIONAL. I have no idea who's at fault here, Budget or Skyview. I also don't know how they treat their customers while servicing their vehicles as mechanics but I will never do business with this station. Obviously, there is a total disconnect between Budget and the sub contracted facilities they use. Budget needs to provide some formal training for these people to get it RIGHT. See additional complaints for Budget Truck Rentals.

Ke