Budget Rent A Car / misrepresentation

1 United States

Costco Travel # C349356410
Budget Conf # 40054762US6

Aug, 4 - My family and I arrived in Washington DC after a red-eye flight from Los Angeles. We headed to Budget to pick up the car we reserved. At the counter, everything was going smooth up until the Insurance part. We initially declined the insurance offered to us and that is when we got told that "WE CANT RENT YOU A CAR WITHOUT INSURANCE" - We told her, we have our own insurance. she replied "WE STOPPED TAKING PERSONAL INSURANCE FOR COVERAGE" We were stunned. I asked, when did that change? she said "IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR A WHILE NOW. IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN LOOK IT UP ". My Fiance and I were both in disbelief, My Fiance had worked for Enterprise rent a car for a decade and he knew her disclosure was incorrect. But its Budget, not ERAC so we had no choice but to believe what was disclosed. Today, 8/21 - called Budget and was told that IT IS NOT THEIR POLICY TO DECLINE CAR RENTAL USING PERSONAL INSURANCE. The experience made me upset. We got taken advantage because were tourist and the chances of us returning to DC to file a complaint after the fact is slim to none. I ended up keeping the vehicle for another day. What should have been $118.14 ended up being $303.64 - Not happy with the experience. I wanted to share since Costco have a partnership with Budget rent a car.

Bu