Budget Car Rental / misleading information!

1 Ireland Review updated:

I rented a car from Budget through Expedia and was quoted a cost of 189 Euros. Actual cost was 592.98 Euros because of pick up and drop charges that should have been included and insurance cost (44.5 Euros a day) I was adamantly told I must take because Gold Amex did not cover insurance "in Israel, Ireland and Jamaica." On return was told by Amex that this was false. Budget grudgingly returned the fees that were erroneously charged on the drop fee but refuses to refund the insurance, even if it was taken under duress and contracted for under false representation. I believe this was intentional and systematic procedure to boost revenues. Budget no longer responds to my emails. Warning: Do not rent from Budget in Ireland. (In rest of world, they have always conducted themselves with integrity in my experience.)

Va

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Nov, 2007

I had a similar experience with EuropeCar plus they were VERY rude to me? Didn't I read the conditions, etc.? Maybe, it is ignorant, but what I read was the line that said "Amount due at pickup." That amount was 152 dollars NOT the 492 I had to pay.

Someone should do something about this Irish scam. My brother had the same problem with Avis. He had rented his car with frequent user miles and then had to come up with an extra 400 at the airport - you can bet that hurt his trip.