Bsnl Broadband Service / Terrible experience

1 India Review updated:

I guess customer service has different definition for BSNL. It shall be named customer harassment. Each guy tries to pass the buck by giving a number to call and it means customer issue is resolved to them. They oblige you by picking up the phone for you. I have called on following numbers so far 1500, [protected], [protected], 2845155, [protected], 2847511, [protected], 080-[protected] I have talked to different officials in BSNL. Every time I call if luckily someone picks up. I could guess the response now. People will give another number and drop off without giving any proper response. They even won’t listen to you properly. Single number shall be there and they shall resolve the issue by reaching out the proper person themselves. As a consumer why shall I be running about the people? Suggestion there, outsource your customer service.

Visiting Exchange (not fruitful either):

I had first time visited Indranagar exchange to apply for a connection. My application was reject and was told to get address proof from my employer. I got that in 2 days and visited Whitefield exchange on 21/06/2007. To my wonder they responded they don’t accept company letter as address proof now, No coordination. Reluctantly, they accepted my application after so much insistence.

After that I have visited Brookfield exchange twice getting time off from my private job. Last I visited on 16/07/2008. I was stopped to meet any official as some meeting (I guess some fight) was going on. I was asked to meet a lady. She finally told me it’s not done because of port issue. I had got the same response when I visited the exchange 2 weeks back. I have read on many blogs common excuse of BSNL port, cable or modem issue. What do you expect here customer go and buy a port himself. By the time I tried to turn back to senior official in exchange. They were not in good mood so refuse to meet (I guess Mr. Gondavar). I finally had to give up and come back. I have no interest in going to exchange again and have a humiliating experience there.

Ad Campaign:

BSNL puts a lot of money in doing ad campaigns. Please understand nothing can give you customers more then word of mouth. Now, I understand fully why people don’t suggest BSNL even if BSNL has the best schemes for broadband.

Low Motivation level of BSNL employees:

I have painfully interacted with at least 10-15 officials. One can say immediately they have no motivation for the job.

Finally I got disconnected my phone lost all my hope 080-[protected] on 26/07/2008 and applied for Airtel on 26/07/2008. Person came at my home to get the form filled and to my surprise I got everything setup and running on 27/07/2008 (Sunday). This is called service. Thanks Airtel team, you have contributed a lot to development of India.

TATA's and everybody ot there pls don't do the same mistake as you did taking over VSNL BSNL IS A VIRUS AND IT SHALL BE QUARANTINED.

Vi

Comments

24th of Feb, 2008
    Bsnl Broadband Service - Telephone is dead
    BSNL
    India

I am having the Braodband connection since Jan31, 2008. But I am facing a typical problem that my broadband is working with computer but my telephone is dead. I am able to surf through the same connection. what could be the reason. Local exchange is facing difficulty to solve the problem. Inspite of number of reminder they are unable to solve the problem.
    kindly expedite the matter.

• Lt
      8th of Mar, 2009

Couple of days ago my internet connection was lost. As guided by the BSNL staff i how ever got it back by re configuring.
    Now i am not able to check my usage data, when i try to get to the portal the page does not show but the notification 'forbidden' sec. I is important i check the usage, because three years ago, i got a huge bill, some thing like Rs 25, 000 and more, i had to make a dozen trips, make un necessary payment, reconnection charges and it got resolved after three months! I suspect that some thing like that may happen again.
    Can you please help me?
    Lt Col (retd) GV Sreedhar.
    080-26596449

• Se
      16th of Sep, 2009
    Bsnl Broadband Service - broadband
    bsnl
    India

today i am in full mood. i will start from begining. i applied for a broadband connection, after ten to fifteen visits to bsnl office atlast they provided it. but this horrible story didnot stops here. net came for only fifteen minutes and absent for whole day. when i complaint about this they convinced that next day it will be alright and this drama continued to about twenty days and at last when i went to office to disconnect it there are three workers in the office all busy on personal problems. the telephones provided to listen customer's problem, these people are solving their personal problems and this conversation goes at least for half an hour. at last one of them stops being judge and i went to him and he said go to that man when i reached him he was talking on phone i waited for twenty minutes and when he stopped and saw me, he send me to the third man and the third said this problem will be solved the next day. now you can think next what will happen.
    PLEASE DO NOT GET CONNECTED TO BSNL BROADBAND SERVICE. or get ready to be mad.
    THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE THAT I HAVE IN MY LIFE PERIOD. IF THEY CONTINUES THIS ONE DAY THEY WILL BE SURELY CUSTUMERLESS AND WILL REGRET IN FEET OF CUSTOMERS.

• Um
      16th of Sep, 2009

s i too face the same prob for the past one week.. net is connected but always server found error or it shows server not found...plz do...

• Pr
      5th of Mar, 2011

BSNL Brokefield service is the worst service provider. I am really suffering because of there service providing.
    I applied for BSNL 750 unlimited plan on 05 Oct 2010 now its 5 march 2011 and continuing ... but still i am with no internet connection ...
    I am getting irritated with there service ... already paid there amount long back ... then also don't know why... if they are not able to provide the service please stop it ... but don fool people like this