Bsnl Broadband / Broadband Service and Billing

1 India Review updated:

Resp. Sir/Madam,
SUB: Complaint about BSNL Broadband billing and service rules.
I am BSNL Broadband subscriber from Chandigarh with landline no. [protected]. I wish to draw your attention about the wrong BSNL broadband billing rules .I have subscribe for BSNL broadband on 5th March 2008 with Plan UL-900 and it is activated about 10th march.
Before applying for the broadband service I have confirmed from the customer care of BSNL that there is no other hidden cost except Monthly rent and monthly rent is charged only from the date of activation of broadband. I have also the names of the persons to whom I was confirmed but I will give the names only for the further actions.
But now when I got my bill with bill no.T070420082066437 it charged full 900 which is monthly rent. When I used to go to concerned person and asked they said that even if you apply before one day of our billing cycle which is 1 to 31 you will be charged full 900 for one day, which is absolutely wrong.
As a customer I am against of this rule and why should customer suffer for wrong commitment? You cannot charge full month rent for only one day service from the customer. There are also other ISP’s like reliance, Airtel, Connect which charged customer only for the time they use there service.
Is it is correct to pay the full month rent even if you use the broadband only for one day?
It is requested to think why customer suffers for the wrong commitment from your side. I hope authority people will take necessary steps in favor of us. Please reply me on my e-mail address or contact me. Please reply as soon as possible. We shall be highly obliged for this and hoping for your sincere and kind cooperation.
Thanking you,
Mr. Mohan Lal DATE: 27/04/08
H.No. 183/2
Sec 45-A
Chandigarh
Yours faithfully

Copy to:
1. pg_chandigarh@bsnl.co.in [Sh. Malkiat Singh, DE (OPN)]
2. http://www.moc.gov.in [Ministry of Communications and Information Technology]
3. pg_appellete_pb@bsnl.co.in [Punjab Telecom circle Office]
4. www.dot.gov.in (Telecommunication India)
5. https://www.complaintsboard.com [ISP’s complaint Board]
6. www.indiabroadband.net (Broadband India)

Comments

• Ha
      5th of May, 2008

sir,
    i am ashwani resident of #9, phase-8, police complex mohali.
    i have to complain that my bsnl broadband connection is not working from past 1 month.
    first the connection was installed delayed around 5-6 months, as all the formalities were fulfilled.
    please do needful.
    i am very irritated.
    if now, you will not entertain me, i will take legal action against bsnl.

ASHWANI KUMAR

26th of Sep, 2008

Dear Mohan,
    check up, it seems advance billing is done there.

• Mu
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I have to complain that I have not chck my uses details my phone no is 0542-2300891. please help me.

• Pr
      8th of Dec, 2009

sir,
    i am B.M.Kapila resident of #226, sector - 46 A, Chandigarh,
    i have to complain that my bsnl broadband connection is not working from November-16-2009.
    first the connection was reinstalled delayed around, as all the formalities were fulfilled.
    Workers in sec 34 office giving me excuses every day.
    please do needful.
    i am very irritated.
    if now, you will not entertain me, i will take legal action against bsnl.

• Vi
      3rd of Jan, 2010

today its jan 3-2010...

but in my net usage, its showing that still 9days r remaining 4 me in dis month...
    the date shown in my Net Usage profile is Jan 22-2010

• Vi
      3rd of Jan, 2010

c dis too ...

29th of Aug, 2010

Respected Sir

My name is Manohar Singh phone no(01822-227010) resident of Rail Coach factory Kapurthala, my broadband is not working from last week, But others brodband in the area is working properly so I request you to send some one and let it check what is the problem.

Manohar Singh
    01822-227010

6th of May, 2011

Respected sir/mam,
    i m Anand Rai my phone no. is 2732365. i m living in h, no.2365 in vikas nagar, chd.my broadband plan is 1350 ULD but i dont get the proper downloading speed and which was shown 4mbps in the booking form.so it is my kindly request to you to slove my problem and check it out.
    Anand rai
    0172-2732365

• Mr
      12th of Jul, 2011

hi sir
    i live from amritsar i all ready used 3 years landline before 7 month ago i apply to brodband connection combo plan 750 for used 2 month and i requered four month ago then ur main power 4 month extra billing at month so plz check my application march 2011 and sattle my bill so for again
    thanx