Brookstone / scam return policy

1 Livonia, MI, United States Review updated:

Scammers. My wife bought me an expensive radio for Father's Day. Went to return it and was told "no" because more than thirty days had elapsed. (Note: Tiny little sign on back counter states this policy, but was hidden by shopping bag when we were making the return). My wife pointed out that she purchased it 32 days before Father's Day to begin with. Brookstone could not care less.

What's the most annoying is the special Father's Day packaging all around the box that say "DAD". If you want to enforce a 30 day return policy, then don't put out goods pre-packaged for Mother's Day and Father's Day more than 30 days in advance. It's deceptive advertising which leads the consumer to believe that the product would be returnable within a reasonable time after the given holiday.

Two store managers and three calls to Customer Service and these scammers just won't budge.

I will never purchase something from Brookstone again. Scammers.

Ja

Comments

• Me
      13th of Aug, 2008

I purchased a transformer for a trip that DID NOT work. Brookstone will not let me return the item & has not even offered a store credit. I will never shop there again. I have spent a lot of money with them over the years as well. No More!

14th of Jun, 2009

It is your job as the consumer to ask about the return policy. It says 30 days on the bottom of the receipt. Just because you get confused when you see some fancy packaging doesn't mean you weren't 2 days late. Life sucks. Ask before you buy.