British Gas / Unacceptable and disgraceful service!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

My Grandparents made a "free no-obligation quotation" appointment with British Gas to have a new boiler fitted. The gentleman used hard sell and high pressured tactics to get my elderly grandparents to hand over a check for £300. They were not told of any "7 day cooling off period" and were not told to read any terms and conditions. When my grandparents tried to cancel the installation and get their money back, British Gas kept saying the gentleman was in a meeting or unavailable and by the time they got in contact with him they were told it was too late and that seven days had gone. British gas are a cruel and disgraceful company that prey on the elderly and need to be investigated.

Comments

• Im
      12th of Nov, 2007

I am absolutely disgusted by the service provided by the prepayments team at British gas, we have recently moved to the property been there 4 weeks now and British gas have still been unsuccessful despite numerous promises that they will sent out a new card to activate the meter, first they told me they didnt supply gas after one full day of convincing they told me that they did and I had to buy a replacement card as the one left by the previous owner was faulty, so went ahead and got one, that's not working, called again told to get another one so got another one. Guess what? that doesn't work either, so called them again and guess what, now I'm told that I need a 'proper' card to reactivate the meter, been two weeks still waiting.

There are children in the property and we have had no gas for two full days, today I was told "we have insufficient manpower in your area" therefore I can't have any emergency gas. And this is what they classify as a service, absolutely rubbish! and disgusting! I can't believe the law is allowing them to get away with this!