British Gas / Awful service

British Gas
Hot water supply stopped. As I am on Homecare with British Gas I contacted them to repair my hot water supply as there was an airlock. Three different technicians over three days came to my home to repair the problem and each and every one of them said they were unable to repair so I had no hot water. The last technician said that this was a plumber's job for which I am covered. As I received no satisfaction from British Gas I telephoned a private plumber for the repair. He immediately found the problem and repaired it. That very day a manager from British Gas came to my home to see if he could be of any assistance and found that we had solved our problem by a private plumber. He volunteered that British Gas would reimburse me when we received the plumber's bill and to let him know, and gave us his mobile number and name. About nine or ten calls to this number have failed to get any response. Repeated calls to British gas has produced no satisfaction. As I am covered for such eventualities I feel I have no obligation to pay for a private plumber to the sum of £237.00. I am a pensioner. The manager's name is Trevor Miller. His mobile number that I have repeatedly called is [protected]. I have written Homecare and to date have not received any satisfaction. I did though receive a letter acknowledging that I had written and that my letter was turned over to the proper channel. To date I have not heard anything from British Gas Homecare.

British Gas Services Logo British Gas Services