British Airways / unruly passaengers

1 United States

Yesterday, my husband and I flew back from London to Newark on British Airways. This was part of a longer trip from Hungary. Our flight from Heathrow was full of high school students on a holiday. They seemed to be unsupervised. My husband and I were in the middle section with three seats. Four students sat in the three seats behind us. They moved about constantly and frequently kicked the back of my seat. When I asked the girl behind me to stop kicking she made a face and said my backrest was too close. At that time she had her feet on her seat and her knees against my backrest. When I complained to the stewardess she said there was nothing she could do. The plane was full. Why were four students allowed to spend the entire trip in three seats? I think the stewardess should have had the students return to normal seating. She could have asked the chaperone to take my seat. I wonder how long they would have put up with the kicking. I have arthritis and for me the entire trip was miserable. High schools students know how to act better and should be held responsible.

Pi