Bray and Scarff / Horrible service

1 Alexandria, United States

We purchased a single unit washer/dryer combo for a use in a small apartment in early 2006. The machine cost approximately $1200. Within a few months the dryer stopped working. Bray and Scarff repaired it under warranty and then encouraged us to buy an extended warranty. Good advice, because the dryer stopped working again a few months later. They fixed it. It worked for another few weeks.

We finally decided to have them try and fix it again. The first time we called, they said the technician would be out between 12 and 5 (so much for going to work that day). He finally made it at 6:30, by which time we were gone and couldnt let him in. He was scheduled to come back two weeks later. When we called to find out what time he was arriving, the service department told us that they knew what was wrong (even though no one had been out to look at the machine), they had ordered the part and it would take two weeks to come in. Three weeks later, the part came in.

The tech arrived to replace the part. He didn't seem to have the slightest idea how the washer / dryer actually worked. When he was finished, we tried it out. The dryer didn't work at all. He asked me to sign his paper. I told him I wouldn't sign it because he didn't fix anything. He grabbed his tools and walked out the door without saying anything.

When I called back to complain, the service desk said the service manager would call me first thing in the morning. That was a month ago. When I called today the service manager was "out."

I have no reason to purchase anything from Bray and Scarff in the future. They sell products that are overpriced and non-functional, and back it up with terrible service.