[Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T / checking account
I had a 3-day weekend trip planned with my girlfriend, in which I planned to propose. The Friday before the trip, I deposited a $2000 check that my terminally ill father gave me. The teller explained to me that because of the amount there would be a 48-hour hold on the funds. I was ok with that. I woke up the following Saturday morning to overdraft charges on my BB&T checking account. When I logged into the banking site, I found that they had somehow doubled the hold placed on a single deposit. This threw my checking account into overdraft. I called BB&T customer service who said that they couldn't help me and I should visit the branch where the deposit was made. That branch is closed on Saturdays. I visited a different branch with no luck. Not only did I have to cancel our weekend plans, I don't even have money for food until everything is resolved. Not only am I planning to close my BB&T accounts but I will build an entire web site dedicated to telling my story. I will make it my life's mission to prevent as many customers as possible from banking with BB&T. Good bye BB&T!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T Customer Care's Response, Nov 05, 2018
BB&T will responder to Mr. Wheeler.
More Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T Complaints & Reviews
- BB&T Bank - they will flat ruin you! 
- BB&T - bb&t class action lawsuit 
- BB&T - loan modification 
- BB&T - frauds and scam 
- BB&T Bank - hold on my account 
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - online banking customer service
- BB&T - bb&t return fees
- [Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - return fees
- [Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - hold and overdraft fees on my checking account
- [Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - fraudulent bank services