[Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T / checking account

1 Glen Allen, VA, United States

I had a 3-day weekend trip planned with my girlfriend, in which I planned to propose. The Friday before the trip, I deposited a $2000 check that my terminally ill father gave me. The teller explained to me that because of the amount there would be a 48-hour hold on the funds. I was ok with that. I woke up the following Saturday morning to overdraft charges on my BB&T checking account. When I logged into the banking site, I found that they had somehow doubled the hold placed on a single deposit. This threw my checking account into overdraft. I called BB&T customer service who said that they couldn't help me and I should visit the branch where the deposit was made. That branch is closed on Saturdays. I visited a different branch with no luck. Not only did I have to cancel our weekend plans, I don't even have money for food until everything is resolved. Not only am I planning to close my BB&T accounts but I will build an entire web site dedicated to telling my story. I will make it my life's mission to prevent as many customers as possible from banking with BB&T. Good bye BB&T!

• Resolution statement

• BB&T will responder to Mr. Wheeler.

Mi