Bookit.com / overcharged hotel
My husband and I decided even though the economy is in such bad shape, that we would take the kids and go on a fairly inexpensive vacation to Panama City Beach, Fl. He said we should wait until we got there to pick the hotel, but I insisted on going thru one of the discount booking companies online. I searched and Bookit.com had the cheapest rate for a 3 star resort at an amazing price of $59 per night! So, of course I jumped on that kind of deal! Immediately after I confirmed the amount and my visa was charged, the voucher that must be printed appeared. To my surprise, it had actually charged me the full price of $79 per night, which after taxes and surcharges, was actually another $100. All of this and we haven't even gone yet! Immediately, I started trying to contact customer service, but with no luck. I've sat on hold listening to the recording of 'my call will be taken in the order it was received' for over an hour. I've emailed several times with no response.
I'm just hoping and praying that the hotel turns out to be what it is supposed to be!
More Bookit.com Complaints & Reviews
- Bookit.com - stay away from bookit.com! 
- Bookit.com - you get what you pay for! 
- Bookit.com - don't use bookit.com 
- Bookit.com - billing issues 
- Bookit.com - didn't get reservations I booked 
- Bookit.com - bookit website
- Bookit.com - sheraton providence airport rhode island
- Bookit.com - prepaid excursion was never registered with bd travel and we could not go
- Bookit.com - complaint on service of booki.com
- Bookit.com - customer service