Bookit.com / overcharged hotel

mr. and mrs. cord smith
My husband and I decided even though the economy is in such bad shape, that we would take the kids and go on a fairly inexpensive vacation to Panama City Beach, Fl. He said we should wait until we got there to pick the hotel, but I insisted on going thru one of the discount booking companies online. I searched and Bookit.com had the cheapest rate for a 3 star resort at an amazing price of $59 per night! So, of course I jumped on that kind of deal! Immediately after I confirmed the amount and my visa was charged, the voucher that must be printed appeared. To my surprise, it had actually charged me the full price of $79 per night, which after taxes and surcharges, was actually another $100. All of this and we haven't even gone yet! Immediately, I started trying to contact customer service, but with no luck. I've sat on hold listening to the recording of 'my call will be taken in the order it was received' for over an hour. I've emailed several times with no response.
I'm just hoping and praying that the hotel turns out to be what it is supposed to be!

N  20th of Aug, 2009 by
Hi I am only now reading these reveiws after also booking a vacation at an amazing low price... can anyone say if after they arrived at their destination if they were asked to pay more money?
A  6th of Jul, 2010 by
bookit.com makes promises...and then puts you in a dump of a room, not at a discounted price either.

The photos on line of Long Beach were apparently taken when it was built, 15-20 years ago

We stayed in two rooms by Long Beach Resort, Bookit did nothing to help us.

Both rooms were old, filthly outdated, bug infested, with loose handrailings on the balcany rail.

I have pictures...and reported it all

Not even a phone call from BOOKIT.Com, over a week after returning home.

Go direct to the owners by looking up VRBO.com

Then you deal direct with the owners of the condos, nothing to compare to bookit.COM

bookit.com lies, promises, never follows thru on NOTHING

BookIt.com Logo BookIt.com