Bookit.com / misleading advertisements!

1 415 Beckrich Rd.Pamana City, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (850) 234-8887

Ad reads
The Hilton $99-169 Night!
Reg 239 NOW FROM $99/nt!
Stay May 24th and 25th stay FREE May 26th.

Valid Now-6/30
Not available 5/19-5/21; 5/23-6/10; 6/12-6/14; 6/17-6/18; 6/20-6/21; 6/25-6/28.

Thought to myself "that is a silly typo, because who would say"special only on Friday"then say not available on Fridays.
So I tried to booked, but it kept giving me a daily rate of 192.00. So I called. I got a lady, who spoke to a supervisor, and said that they could approve it. If I went to the site right now it would say $99 per night, she said that the management changed it so it would take the special. I couldn't get it booked on the internet so I called back within about 20 minutes, the sales person was not helpful, and basically acted as if I were an idiot. I did get a manager (Melissa, the Director of the Call Center) she told me that they had a certain amount of rooms that sold at that price and that they couldn't sell anymore at that price. My comment to her was are you suddenly out when I bring the false advertisement to your attention. She said if I did book she would knock off $50, but that was all she was approved to do.

Also there was another ad that said book 7 days and receive a free $100 American Express card that can be used anywhere American Express is taken. But guess what. When I tried to book the hotel for 7 nights, and the dates were available I got this message"This hotel does not allow stays of more than 6 nights for the dates you have chosen."

I really would like to save a little money now that gas is so high, but dealing with this company I think I'd rather scrape my eyes out with a spoon than try to deal with them. How do I know I will have the reservation when I get to my destination, reading the other reviews.

Pa

Comments

• Va
      16th of Jul, 2008

I used Bookit.com last year in November of 2007. I had a great experiance with bookit.com. It was a speical rate of 99/pn/pp all inclusive and included the roundtrip transportation to and from the airport. Tere was no problems with my reservation, I even changed my reservation because i picked the wrong dates and the changed it for me for fee. I guess it all depends on who you get on the other line of customer service, but I had a great experiance with bookit.com

• De
      7th of Aug, 2008

Book.it has very deceptive advertising. Basically what is referred to as Bait and Switch. I called on numerous occassions for their "specials". Everytime I called they were not available on the dates I wanted. I then told them I would be willing to change my dates to accomodate their special. I was on hold for 5 minutes and "accidently" got hung up on. I called the following day for another special, got the same thing, I called and asked for a supervisor and was given a phony answer as to why the special was not available. Also, I looked at a "hotel special" for $148.00 night. I called to book it and was told that it was 148.00 for one person not for two, even though I had entered 2 adults when the $148.00 price came up. Totally misleading and deceptive, all the way around. Stay as far away from them as possible...

23rd of Aug, 2008

Are you an idiot? It says FROM 99.00.. That is the starting price. Obviously on Memorial Day weekend it is gonna be more. Come on people.. And as for the bait and switch? Why don't you read everything.. It says per person.Do not blame that company for your ignorances.. Everyone just likes to complain and point fingers .